Nico Rosberg wins 2016 Italian Grand Prix
- German Formula One driver for Mercedes Nico Rosberg has won the 2016 Italian Grand Prix at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza in Monza, Italy.
- It is Rosberg’s 7th victory of the 2016 Formula One season.
- It was the 14th round of the 2016 Formula One season and marked the eighty-sixth running of the Italian Grand Prix.
- The Italian Grand Prix is one of the inaugural Formula One championship races in 1950.
Download Mobile NotesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Sikki & Pranaav clinch Brazil Open Grand Prix title
- The top-seeded Indian mixed doubles pair of Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Jerry Chopra clinched their maiden Grand Prix title in the Brazil Open Grand Prix.
- They Canadian combo of Toby Ng and Rachel Honderich 21-15, 21-16 in straight games at Costa Cavalcante.
- Pranaav was part of the Indian team that stunned mighty China 3-2 to win a bronze in the Asia Badminton Team Championships.
India A wins Quadrangular series; beat Australia by 57 runs
- India A has clinched the Quadrangular one-day cricket series, thrashing Australia by 57 runs in the final clash in Mackay, Australia.
- India A put up 266 for 4 in their 50 overs before bowling out the hosts for 209 in 44.5 overs.
- Mandeep Singh (Player of the Match) was the star of India’s batting performance with a 95 runs ( 108-ball).
Abhinav Bindra announces retirement from shooting
- India’s lone individual Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra (shooting) has officially announced his retirement from shooting.
- Bindra is a World and Olympic champion in the 10 m Air Rifle event.
- He born 28 September 1982, in Dehradun,Uttarakhand.
5 September:National Teachers Day
- Teachers’ Day is being celebrated throughout the country on the birthday of educationist and former President Bharat Ratna Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has taken a class and interact with students of Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sarvodaya Vidyalaya located at President’s Estate, Delhi.
- Around 80 students of classes 11th and 12th has attend the class.
Rajasthan launches e-stamping facility
- The Rajasthan High Court has launched the barcode e-stamp facility in its Jodhpur and Jaipur benches simultaneously.
- e-stamp facility is completely secure and reliable and there is no possibility of any forgery or tampering.
- This facility is already available in Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Himachal Pradesh.
- In Rajasthan high court, present CourtFee Stamp System will continue for the time being along with e-stamping facility.
Haryana govt to develop 340 villages as Horticulture Villages
- Haryana Government has decided to develop 340 villages as Horticulture Villages at a cost of 93 crore rupees during the Golden Jubilee year of the State.
- It has also decided to establish 140 clusters in these villages.
- An MoU has signed with the Apio Inc. for processing and packaging of horticultural products in New Delhi.
- Under this project, producers in Haryana will supply fruits, flowers, vegetables and dairy products to these areas.
Assam CM to inaugurate world class library in NIT Silchar
- Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated a new world class library, ‘Bharat Ratn Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre in National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar.
- The library is established with the help of university of Illinois, USA.
- The library is one of kind in the entire north-eastern region equipped with modern technology and infrastructure.
- NIT Silchar has invested around 28 crore rupees ,create this world class library.
Sakshi Malik appointed Wrestling Director of Rohtak University
- Rio Olympics bronze medalist Sakshi Malik (freestyle wrestler-58 kg) has been appointed as Wrestling Director at Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak, Haryana.
- She will be given Rs 21 lakh out of his discretionary fund and a plot measuring 500 square yards.
- She is a part of the JSW Sports Excellence Program, along with fellow female wrester Vinesh Phogat, Geeta Phogat and Babita Kumari.
Senior BJP leader Arif Beg passes away
- Former union minister Arif Beg (81-year)passed away in Bhopal.
- He Beg was a minister of state (1977-79) in the Morarji Desai-led Janta Party government at the centre.
- In 1989 he was elected to the Lok Sabha from the Betul constituency.
Air India Express turns profitable for the first time
- Air India Express (International subsidiary of Air India) has turned profitable for the first time since it started operations in 2005.
- The airline has made the net profit of 361.68 crore rupees in the fiscal year 2015-16 against the loss of Rs. 61 crore registered in the year 2014-15.
- The capacity offered and the Operating Revenues are expected to go up further by about 25% in the fiscal 2016-17.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here