In each of the following questions,find out which part of the sentence has no error. if there is no mistake, the answer is "No error'.
1. sooner than he had arrived (a) / his friends arranged a reception (b) / in his honour in (c) / the best hotal in town (d) / No error (e).
2. The managing director well as the Board members (a) / was the favor to taking strict action (b) / against the workers on strike (c) / No error (d)
3. No sooner did the jeep arrive (a) / at the station (b) / than a young police officer (c)/ jumped out of it (d) / No error (e).
4. Neither the famine (A) / or the subsequent fire (b) / was able to destroy the spirit of the people (c)/ No error (d).
5. hardly had arrived (a)/ when the house caught fire (b) / and everything was reduced to ashes (c) / No error (d).
6. No sooner did (a)/ the Chairman begin speaking, some(b) / participaints started (c) / shouting slogans (d) / no error (e).
7 Though she was sick (a) / but (b) / she went to work (c) / No error (d).
8. Mohan could not (a) / go to picnic (b) / for his mother (c)/ was not will (d)/ No error (e).
9. Even though the shirt is rather expensive (a) / but i wish to (b) / purchase it with my own money (c) / no error (d).
10.The reason for (a) / his failure is because (b) / he did not work hard (c) / No error (d).
11. No sooner did the sun rise (a) / when we took a hasty breakfast (b) / and resumed the journey (c) / No error (d).
12. The manager of the bank was busy ; (a)/ so he asked them to come and (b) / see him between two to three in the afternoon (c) / No error (d).
13. The old woman has had the best medical facilities available(a)/ but she will not be cured (b) / unless she does not have a strong desire to live (c) / No error (d).
14. The downfall of this kind (a) / is to be attributed to (b) / nothing else than pride (c) / No error (d).
15. No sooner did I open the door (a) / when the rain, heavy and stormy, rushed in (b) / making us shiver form head to toe (c) / No error (d) .
1. The correct form is 'As soon as he arrived'
2. Add 'as' before 'well'
3. No error
4. Replace 'or' by 'nor'
5. No error'
6. Add 'than' before 'some'
7. Replace 'but' by 'yet'
8. No error
9. Remove 'but'
10. Replace 'because ; by 'that'
11. Replace ' when' by 'than'
12. Replace ' to' by 'and'
13. Replace 'does not have' by 'has'
14. Replace'than' by 'but'
15. Replace 'when' by 'than'