Ans: The Indian Constitution
2. Originally how many articles and schedules did the Indian Constitution have?
Ans: Originally the Constitution had 395 Articles and schedules
3. What is the name of India’s first Test Tube baby?
Ans: Durga (Kanupriya Agrwal, 1978)
4. When was the first Mars Orbiter Mission conducted?
Ans: On 6th November, 2013
5. Which leading freedom fighter played a key role in the integration of India’s princely states with the Union?
Ans: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
6. Who led the Brahmo Samaj after the death of Raja Ram Mohan Roy?
Ans: Dwarika Nath Tagore.
7. Who was the founder of Khudai Khidmatgar?
Ans: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
8. Who started the Kuka movement in 1840 AD?
Ans: Guru Ram Singh
9. Which is India’s first national park that was established in 1936?
Ans: Jim Corbett National Park, located in Nainital (Uttarakhand)
10. In which State is Onam festival celebrated and what does it signify ?
Ans: Onam is celebrated in Kerala. Onam marks the return of their beloved demon king, Mahabali
11. Where are days and nights are equal throughout the year and why?
Ans: Equator. The equator runs through the centre of the Earth and the center of the Earth remains exactly in the same position in relation to the Sun throughout the year.
12. Amjad Ali Khan is associated with which one of the musical instruments?
13. Its earliest model was called the Analytical Engine. What is it today?
14. Who was the founder of homoeopathy?
Ans: Samuel Hahnemann
15. Who invented the Mercury thermometer and when?
Ans: German physicist Gabriel Fahrenheit, 1714
16. Which scientist wrote a book called “A Brief History of Time”?
Ans: Stephen Hawking
17. With which sport/game is Rajat Chauhan, who was awarded 2016 Arjuna Award associated?
18. Who was the first man (handicapped, deaf & dumb) to cross the Strait of Gibraltar?
Ans: Taranath Shenoy (India)
19. Breath analysers used by police to test drunken drivers works on the chemical basis of _____.
Ans: Acis-base reaction.
20. Which soil owes its color to oxide of iron?