1. What animals are visible in the National Emblem of India?
Ans: The National Emblem and Seal of the Government of India is a replica (duplicate) of the capitol (top part) of Ashoka’s pillar at Sarnath. I the original capitol of the stone pillar and carved out four lions, standing back with their mouths wide open. In the emblem, however, only three lions are visible – as its appears in print – because the fourth remain hidden from view.
2. What do you understand by the term “Mid-term Election”?
Ans: Mid-term election is an election held out of schedule as a result of the dissolution of Parliament or a State legislature before it has been in existence for its normal term of five years.
3. In which year did Mohammad-bin-Qasim, invade India?
Ans: 712 AD
4. Who was the first woman Governor of an Indian State (Governor of UP) after Independence?
Ans: Sarojini Naidu
5. Which Mughal Emperor built the historic Jama Masjid in Delhi?
Ans: Shah Jahan
6. Who was the first and the only Muslim lady who ever sat on the throne of Delhi?
Ans: Razia Sultana, the daughter of Altamash
7. Who was the author of Gita Rahasya – a commentary on the Bhagwat Gita?
Ans: Bal Gangadhar Tilak
8. Who was the first Secretary-General of the United Nations Organisation (UNO)?
Ans: Trygve Lie of Norway
9. Where is the headquarters of the International Court of Justices located?
Ans: The Court sites at The Hague (The Netherlands)
10. Who was awarded the first Nobel Prize in 1901 for his discovery of X-Rays?
Ans: W. Konard Rontgen, the German Physicist
11. Who invented fountain pen in 1884?
Ans: Lewis E. Waterman (USA)
12. What does the acronym NASA stand for?
Ans: National Aeronautics and Space Adminstration
13. What was the name of the first living creature to go to space?
14. In which state is Kolar Gold-fields located?
15. Why does lunar eclipse occur at full moon but not at every full moon?
Ans: The lunar eclipse occurs at full moon bonly when the earth comes in between the Sun and the moon which phenomenon does not occur at every full moon.
16. Explain in brief about Peninsul.
Ans: It is a stretch of land almost surrounded by water.
17. In which state is Sriharikota, India’s satellite launching and tracking center, located?
Ans: Andhra Pradesh
18. Where in Delhi was India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru cremated in 1964?
Ans: Shanti Vana
19. With which sport/game is the place Wimbledon (England) associated?
Ans: Lawn Tennis
20. With which sport/game is Agha Khan Cup associated?