Riyadh Mathew is new PTI Chairman
- Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express has been unanimously elected Chairman of Press Trust of India (PTI).
- Mr. Mathew, succeeds Hormusji N. Cama.
Download Exclusive Notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Telugu author Kolakaluri Enoch bags Moortidevi Award
- Telugu author and eminent scholar Prof Kolakaluri Enoch was honoured with the 29th Moortidevi Award 2015 for his novel Ananta Jeevanam.
- The award was given to the author by noted historian Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan.
Shakti Sinha to head Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of retired IAS officer Shakti Sinha to the post of director, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML).
- The post of director at NMML has been lying vacant since last year.
US & Vietnam navies begin 7th annual NEA in Da Nang
- The US and Vietnamese navies have begun the 7th annual Naval Engagement Activity NEA, Vietnam 2016 at Tien Sa Port in Da Nang.
- The exercise will also include Code for Unplanned Encounters at Sea and search-and-rescue scenarios.
Syed Shamsul Haq passed away
- Bangladeshi author S yed Shamsul Haq passed away in Dhaka. He was 81.
- He was an accomplished short-story writer, novelist, playwright and a very popular poet.
International Translation Day: 30 September
- The International Translation Day is being observed today on 30 September across the world with the theme "Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds".
- This is the annual event for the translation community and event is marked with a series of dedicated events, seminars and symposiums across the world.
Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft on one Artificial Intelligence platform
- Facebook, Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft, have joined hands to announce a historic partnership on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
- These companies will discuss advancements and conduct research in AI and how to develop best products and services powered by machine learning.
World's first 3 parent-baby born
- The world’s first child with genes from three people was born to a Jordanian couple in Mexico.
- The five-month-old boy carries not only the DNA from both his parents but also a tiny piece of genetic code from a donor in order to avoid inheriting a genetic condition that could kill him.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here