India’s first international arbitration centre inaugrated by Devendra Fadnavis
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis inaugurated India’s first centre for international arbitration in Mumbai.
- The MCIA will be governed by a 17-member governing council.
- The Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration (MCIA) will initially be located at Express Towers.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Harika Dronavalli Beats Hou Yifan At International Chess Meet
- India's Harika Dronavalli defeated World No. 1 Hou Yifan of China to be at joint fourth position in the Isle of Man international Chess tournament.
- This tournament was took place from October 1st to 9th, 2016.
- Harika is now with five points after seven rounds, just one and a half points behind the championship leader Eljanov Pavel of Ukraine.
Bathukamma Event Enters Guinness Book of World Records
- The Telangana government on Saturday organised the traditional state festival of 'Bathukamma' on at the Lal Bahadur stadium in Hyderabad.
- The event, attended by about ten thousand women, found a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The Telangana government has declared 'Bathukamma' as a state festival.
Luo Zhaohui, China’s new ambassador to India
- China's President Xi Jinping appointed Luo Zhaohui, a senior diplomat with previous assignments in Pakistan and Canada, as China’s new ambassador to India.
- He will take over from former Chinese ambassador to India Le Yucheng who left New Delhi in April.
Union Power Minister assures electricity for all by May 2017
- Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal assured that India would have 100 per cent electrification for all by May 1, 2017.
- He also launched the Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile (Urja) app, developed by the state-run Power Finance Corporation, to enhance consumer connect with the urban power distribution sector.
World Post Day: 9th October
- World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9 October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.
- The theme for this year 2016 is Innovation, Integration and Inclusion.
Sprinter Srabani Nanda wins Ekalabya Award
- Sprinter Srabani Nanda has bagged the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year 2016 in recognition of her sporting excellence.
- Srabani won gold in 200m, silver in 100m and 4x100m relay in 12th South Asian Games held in Guwahati in February.
PV Sindhu now brand ambassador of Vizag Steel
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd (RINL), the corporate entity of Vizag Steel, has roped in top ranked Indian Badminton Player PV Sindhu as its brand ambassador.
- Sindhu, currently amongst the top 10 ranked players in the world, is the first Indian female athlete to win the Olympic silver medal at the Rio Olympics and she is also the first athlete to win back-to-back medals at the World Badminton Championships.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here