Brazil lifted Inaugural BRICS U–17 Football Tournament Championship
- Brazil has lifted the 1st BRICS U-17 Football Tournament 2016 held at Goa after defeating the South Africa in the title clash with 5-1.
- For the 3rd place between Russia and China, Russia defeated China 2-1.
Download Exclusive Notes on your MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Finland is the safest country in the world: WEF
- A recent report carried out by the World Economic Forum (WEF) on ‘Safety and Security,’ has revealed that the Finland is the safest place in the world with Qatar and UAE ranked second and third respectively.
- Further down the list was the UK, which was ranked at 63, while the US was in 73 place.
India-Russia sign agreement to produce Ka-226T helicopters jointly
- On the birthday of India's Misssile men A. P. J. Abdul Kalam , India and Russia formally inked the agreement for five S-400 Triumf air defence systems and four stealth frigates and a joint venture to manufacture Kamov-226T helicopters in India.
- The S-400 is considered one of the most advanced long range missile system in the world and can tackle all incoming airborne targets at ranges of up to 400 km.
India becomes first team to play 900 ODIs
- India's ODI againts New Zealand at Dharamshala on 16th oct 2016 is the team's 900th making it the world first side to achieve a milestone.
- 900th One Day International (ODI) match between India and New Zealand will be held at the HPCA stadium in Dharamshala. Out of the 899 ODI's, India has won 454, lost 399 tied seven, while 39 have abandoned.
Union Government has launched Mining Surveillance System
- The mines ministry on 15th oct came out with mining surveillance system (MSS), a pan-India surveillance network using latest satellite technology, to check illegal mining.
- MSS is a satellite-based monitoring system, which aims to check illegal mining activity through automatic remote-sensing detection technology
Rajnath Singh inaugurates 10 days long ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav - 2016’
- ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) -2016’ is being organized by M/o Culture in IGNCA premises, Janpath, New Delhi from 15th to 24th October, 2016.
- The festival was inaugurated by Shri Rajnath Singh, Union Minister for Home Affairs in the presence of Dr Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism and Shri Padamanabha Acharya, Governor of Nagaland.
In the First, Bank deposits cross Rs 100 lakh crore
- According to the data released by the RBI ,India’ banking system reported total deposits of Rs 100 lakh crore for the first time ever in September month of this year.
- With demand deposits crossing Rs10 lakh crore and time deposits crossing the Rs 90 lakh crore mark, the month saw the highest-ever monthly rise of Rs 5.32 lakh crore.