India, Myanmar signed 3 MoUs including Cooperation in the field of Power Sector
- India and Myanmar have signed three agreements to boost the bilateral relations between the two nations and also agreed for close security coordination in border areas.
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) were inked after delegation level talks with the visiting State Counsellor of Myanmar Aung San Suu Kyi in New Delhi .
- MoU for designing an academic and professional building programme for insurance industry of Myanmar.
PM Modi launches national hub for SC/ST entrepreneurs
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the National Schedule Castes/Schedule entrepreneurs Tribes hub in Ludhiana, Punjab with an initial outlay of Rs 490 crore.
- The hub will work towards strengthening market access/linkage, monitoring, capacity building, leveraging financial support schemes and sharing industry-best practices.
- Total of 227 industrialists were given the national MSME (micro, small and medium enterprises) awards in different categories.
Satydev Katare passes away in Mumbai
- Senior Congressman and leader of opposition in Madhya Pradesh legislative assembly Satydev Katare passed away in Mumbai.
- Mr. Katare was MLA from Ater legislative assembly of Bhind district.
- Congress had nominated senior party MLA and former Minister Bala Bachchan as the acting Leader of Opposition.
SBI declares Silchar as its 5th zone in North East
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has declared Silchar as its 5th zone in North East after Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh and Jorhat.
- Earlier, Silchar was under Guwahati zone and it was tough on the part of the bank to address the complaints and issues of the customers with such a difficult terrain.
- The bank has 736 branches across North East together with 3,000 ATMs and 3,000 customer service points for customer facilitation.
International Prize in Statistics awarded to Sir David Cox
- Prominent British statistician Sir David Cox has been named the inaugural recipient of the International Prize in Statistics.
- Sir Cox is honored for Survival Analysis Model Applied in Medicine, Science, and Engineering.
- The International Prize in Statistics Foundation is recognizing Cox specifically for his 1972 paper in which he developed the proportional hazards model that today bears his name.
Indian Railways wins World Railway Shooting Championship Cup
- Indian Railways have won the first time the World Railway Shooting Championship Cup at Saint Mandrier, France.
- Last year, India railways were the runners up team.
- Indian Railways team has won a total 10 medals (5 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze) to bag the Overall Championship at the 15th International Shooting World Championship (USIC).
- The purpose of USIC is to encourage the practice of amateur sport among railway employees all over the world.
Asian Champions Trophy men’s hockey tournament starts in Malaysia
- Six nations tournament Asian Champions Trophy men’s hockey tournament starts in Kuantan, Malaysia.
- In the opening day matches, India will open its campaign against Japan while Malaysia will play defending champions Pakistan.
- India was the only Asian team to feature in the Olympic Games and their preliminary pool victory over eventual Olympic gold medalists Argentina.
Kochi becomes first Indian city to host FIFA U-17 World Cup
- India city Kochi has been officially declared as one of the venues for hosting the 2017 FIFA U-17 world Cup.
- The tournament will be hosted in the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium of the city.
- Earlier, A 23-member high-level delegation comprising experts from FIFA and Local Organising Committee (LOC) ratified Kochi as the venue for next year’s mega event.
Wrestler Geeta Phogat appointed DSP in Haryana Police
- Haryana Government has appointed wrestler Geeta Phogat (27-year) as a Deputy Superintendent of Police(DSP) in Haryana Police.
- She has been appointed as DSP rank under the sports quota by Haryana Chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar by Home Department’s proposal.
- Geeta Phogat has won India’s first ever gold medal in women’s wrestling in the 55 kg freestyle category at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and also the first-ever Indian woman wrestler to have qualified for the Olympics.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here