PM launches #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a campaign through which people can send their Diwali greetings and messages to the soldiers to boost their morale.
- The messages can be sent under the #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign on the Narendra Modi App, through MyGov.in, and also through All India Radio. PM Modi will be leading the campaign.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Aviation scheme UDAN(Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) takes off
- The Centre unveiled a regional connectivity scheme, known as UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik), with flights priced at Rs.2,500 for one hour of flying time to and from regional airports.
- Under the scheme, airlines will be offered a slew of sops at smaller airports such as waiver of landing and parking charges.
Mehar Mittal, legend of comedy in Punjabi movies, passes away
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal, who acquired legendary status with his comic roles, passed away at a hospital in Mount Abu, Rajasthan, on 22nd October 2016 after prolonged illness. He was to turn 81 on October 24, 2016.
- Mittal has been a well-known face in Punjabi movies for over four decades. He worked in more than 100 movies and ruled the small screen too.
North Korea won 2016 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup
- North Korea won the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, after defeating Japan on penalties in the final of the tournament.
- North Korea, who were the champions of the tournament's maiden edition in 2008, became the first team to win the tournament twice. Spain's Lorena Navarro was awarded the Golden Shoe for scoring eight goals in the tournament.
Aditya Birla Group to invest Rs. 20,000 cr in Madhya Pradesh
- Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla today pledged an investment of Rs. 20,00 crore for the state in sectors like retail, telecom and cement.
- Addressing the Madhya Pradesh Global Investors Summit, Birla said the state is among the top markets for Idea Cellular, which has already invested nearly Rs. 7,000 crore over two decades.
President inaugurates Sardar Patel Heart Institute at Ankleshwar
- President Pranav Mukherjee has inaugurated the Sardar Patel Heart Institute at Ankleshwar in Gujarat.
- He also unveiled the statue of Sardar Patel situated in the institute premises and is scheduled to deliver an address at the institute in a short while.
India's first startup magazine launched
- The Cofounder launches itself as India's first startup magazine that will help boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country through its stories.
- The Cofounder, founded by Adhish Verma and Arunraj Rajendran, is the first startup magazine that will talk about real stories behind the early stage startups and entrepreneurs.