Lewis Hamilton wins 2016 United States Grand Prix
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has won the United States Grand Prix-2016 at the Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas, United States.
- Nico Rosberg finished second while Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer’s Daniel Ricciardo finished third in the race.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Tom Hayden, famed anti-Vietnam war activist passes away
- A peace activist whose radical views helped spur the 1960s anti-Vietnam War movement Tom Hayden (76-year) passed away UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica, California,USA.
- Hayden, who served nearly two decades as a California state lawmaker.
ITBP celebrating its 55th raising day
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) is celebrating its 55th raising day.
- The ITBP raised on 24 October 1962, under the CRPF Act, in the wake of the Sino-Indian War of 1962.
- The ITBP was intended for deployment along India’s border with China’s Tibet Autonomous Region.
AIIMS, Ganga Ram doctors chosen for Dr. B C Roy award
- Two doctors Randeep Guleria (Head of Pulmonology- SGRH)) and CS Yadav (All India Institute of Medical Sciences-AIIMS) have been selected for the prestigious Dr. BC Roy Award for excellence in the field of medicine.
- Chairman of Board of Management at SGRH DS Rana and Arvind Kumar have also been chosen for the coveted award.
- The Bidhan Chandra Roy Award was instituted in 1976 in the memory of renowned physician and freedom fighter BC Roy by Medical Council of India.
Naseeruddin Shah among 54 personalities selected for Yash Bharti awards in UP
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced film personality Naseeruddin Shah for the prestigious Yash Bharti Samman for the year 2016 for his contributions and achievements in the field of film acting.
- The names of 54 eminent personalities who have been selected for the award in recognition of their contributions in their respective field fine arts, literature, medicine, education, sports and social work.
- The awardees will get Rupees eleven lakh in cash and a citation, besides, a lifelong pension of Rs 50000.
United Nations Day being observed today
- The United Nations Day is being observed globally on 24th October.
- The day marks the anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945.
- This year’s United Nations Day will be used to highlight concrete actions people can take to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Indian Army team wins gold medal in gruelling Cambrian Patrol exercise
- A team from the Indian Army's Gorkha Rifles has won a gold medal at one of the most gruelling exercises in the world. Team 2/8 Gorkha was awarded a gold medal in Exercise Cambrian Patrol organized by the British Army. The medal went to the 8 men of the 2nd Battalion of 8 Gorkha Rifles.
- The Cambrian Patrol is an annual international military patrolling exercise in the rugged Cambrian Mountains of Wales. It is regarded as one of the toughest tests modern soldiers can face.
Andhra Pradesh, Singapore's MAS pact for financial services
- Andhra Pradesh government has signed an agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore to promote innovation in financial services in their respective markets.
- Under the FinTech Cooperation Agreement, MAS and the state government will explore joint innovation projects on technologies such as digital payments and block-chain, collaborate on development of education programmes and curricula on fintech (financial technologies).
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here