India wins first ever international team roller skating medal
- The trio of Dhanush Babu, Vikram Ingale and Nikhilesh Tabhane have won the bronze in the 3,000-metre team relay event.
- The final was contested amongst five teams, with South Korea (gold), China ( second) and India narrowly pipping Chinese Taipei to the third position.
- This is the first time in India’s two decade competitive roller skating history, that a medal has been secured in a racing event.
Get exclusive updates on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Sports Ministry recognises new boxing federation
- The recognition to the BFI will give a big boost to the boxers for their preparation for the Tokyo Olympics and other major international competitions.
- There has been no National Sports Federation for Boxing since 2012.
Delhi Govt. to set up air treatment system to deal with air pollution in city
- The government in collaboration with National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) and IIT (Bombay) set up the entire system within 45 days.
- This is for the first time that the city administration has taken such steps to bring down rising air pollution in the city.
Railway Minister launches a new train service between Anand Vihar to Ballia
- It will run weekly between these two destinations.
- It was a long pending demand of the Ballia people to introduce a direct train between Ballia and Delhi.
Fix minimum wage for unskilled agricultural labour in C-class towns in central sphere
- At present, agriculture workers in the central sphere are paid as per the rates prescribed under the national floor level minimum wage (160 rupees per day).
Microsoft launches India’s first Cybersecurity Engagement Center in Delhi
- It is first-of-its-kind Cybersecurity Centre in India and overall 7th in the world after Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Singapore, Berlin and Washington DC.
- It will bring together Microsoft capabilities to foster deeper Cybersecurity collaborations with public and private sector organisations.
Country’s Forex Reserves rises by USD 1 billion to USD 367.14 billion
- According to The Reserve Bank Foreign Currency Assets (FCAs) a major component of the overall reserves, increased by USD 1.015 billion to USD 341.923 billion.
- Gold reserves remained steady at USD 21.406 billion.
- The special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund declined by USD 5.4 million to USD 1.463 billion.