J&K Bank appoints Parvez Ahmed as Chairman & CEO
- Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Bank has appointed Parvez Ahmed as Chairman and CEO of the bank for a period of 3 years.
- He has replaced Mustaq Ahmad, who completed his term on 5th October.
- Parvez is currently heading business support division and corporate credit joined J&K Bank as Company Secretary (CS) in 1998.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Mohan Reddy appointed Hon. Consul of Germany
- Germany has appointed former NASSCOM Chairman and Executive Chairman of Cyient Ltd. B V R Mohan Reddy as an Honourary Consul of Germany in Andhra Pradesh.
- Mohan Reddy will be the Consul for Germany in Telangana and Hyderabad.
Naidu releases book titled ‘Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy’
- Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu has released the book titled Modi’s Midas Touch in Foreign Policy.
- The book is authored by Surendra Kumar.
- The book draws round the progress and the indelible imprint on the conduct of India’s Foreign Policy by the Prime Minister Modi in the last two and a half years.
- It maps the different policy initiatives focusing on the vision of developing India into a strong economically developed nation.
Theatre legend Heisnam Kanhailal passes away
- Eminent Manipuri theatre personality Heisnam Kanhailal (75-year) passed away at his Langol Tarung residence in Imphal (Manipur).
- He had contributed to the field of experimental theatre for more than 40 years.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri civilian award in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan civilian award in 2016 by the Union Government.
250 mandis in 10 states linked with e-agriculture market in first phase
- Union Government agriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh has integrated 250 Mandis in ten States with the electronic national agriculture market (e-NAM) in the first phase.
- Uttar Pradesh (67-mandis) have been brought under the e-NAM portal followed by Telengana (44), Gujarat(40), Haryana(36) and Madhya Pradesh(20).
- Government has also approved proposals of 14 states for integrating around 400 mandis under the portal.
- One lakh 60 thousand farmers and over 46 thousand traders have been registered on the platform.
Assam CM inaugurates first Model Skill Development Centre in Guwahati
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the first Model Skill Development Centre of the state in Guwahati.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and National Skill Development Corporation.
- The Centre will provide training to the unemployed youths in 13 job roles.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Yojana has envisaged to touch every district, sub-division and even the blocks to develop the skill of youths.
Pawan Chamling honoured with Sustainable Development Leadership Award
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has been conferred the prestigious 2016 ‘Sustainable Development Leadership Award‘ by President Pranab Mukherjee at Vigyan Bhawan New Delhi.
- The award presented to him in recognition of his vision and leadership in environment and sustainable development leading to the establishment of Sikkim as the first and only organic state in the country.
Sreejesh to lead India in Asian Champions Trophy
- Goalkeeper PR Sreejesh will lead Indian men’s hockey team (18-member) in the fourth Asian Champions Trophy (ACT) to be held in Kuantan, Malaysia from 20th – 30th October.
- Midfielder Manpreet Singh (24-year) will be the vice-captain of the side for this tournament in place of SV Sunil.
- The men’s Asian Champions Trophy will see participation from India, Korea, Japan, China, hosts Malaysia and defending champions Pakistan.
Shooter Jitu Rai bags silver at World Cup in Italy
- Indian shooter Jitu Rai (29-years) has clinched a silver medal in the 50 metre pistol event of the ISSF World Cup at Bologna, Italy.
- Jitu notched up a total of 188.8, falling short of gold medal winner Wei Pang (190.6) of China by just 1.8 points.
- Italy’s Giuseppe Giordano settled for the bronze.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here