Ans. – Hydrogen
2. The adoption of High Yielding variety Programme in Indian Agriculture started in which year ?
Ans. – 1966
3. Which of the following is also called as Stranger Gas ?
Ans. – Xenon
4. For which of the following is the density maximum ?
Ans. – Water
5. The reaction between methane and chlorine in diffused sunlight is ?
Ans. – Radical substitution
6. The alloy of aluminium used for making magnet is known as what ?
Ans. – Alnico
7. Which synthetic fibre is known as artificial silk ?
Ans. – Rayon
8. Which variety of glass is heat resistant ?
Ans. – Pyrex Glass
9. The chemical used as a fixer in photography is known as ?
Ans. – Sodium thiosulphate
10. Which of the following is the softest ?
Ans. – Sodium
11. Which among the following does not contain silver ?
Ans. – German silver
12. Nail polish remover contains ?
Ans. – Acetone
13. What is a mixture of potassium nitrate powdered charcoal and sulphur called ?
Ans. – Gun powder
14. Which metal is the heaviest one ?
Ans. – Osmium
15. Bleaching action of chlorine is by ?
Ans. – Oxidation
16. Which one of the following gases is readily soluble in water at room temperature?
Ans. – Carbon dioxide
17. Radon is _____ ?
Ans.- Radio active gas
18. Periodic table was given by whom ?
Ans. – Mendeleev
19. Bauxite is an ore of ?
Ans. – Aluminium
20. Ruby is an oxide of ?
Ans. – Aluminium oxide
21. First atomic theory was proposed by ?
Ans. – John Dalton
22. Which substance is obtained by the hydrolysis of oil ?
Ans. – Glycerol
23. Washing soda is _________?
Ans. – Sodium carbonate
24. Air contains maximum amount of __________ ?
Ans. – Nitrogen
25. The element used in lead pencils is ?
26. Epsom salt is chemically known as what ?
Ans. – Magnesium sulphate
27. Calcium sulphate is known as what ?
Ans. – Gypsum salt
28. Oil of Vitrol is ?
Ans. – Sulphuric Acid
29. The acid present in lemon is ?
Ans. – Citric Acid
30. The term PVC used in plastic industry stands for ?
Ans. – Polyvinyl Chloride