Donald Trump wins White House race
- Mr. Trump defeated Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.
- Mr. Trump is the oldest person to be elected President.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
4 Indian-Americans elected to the US Congress
- A record number of 4 Indian-Americans were elected to the US Congress
- Among the winners was two-term attorney general from California Kamala Harris, and Pramila Jayapal, the first Indian-American woman to be elected to the House of Representatives.
- Raja Krishnamoorthi also got elected to the House of Representatives while Ro Khanna also got elected from California.
Dravid made brand ambassador for Blind T20 WC 2017
- Former cricketer Rahul Dravid was announced as the brand ambassador for the 2nd T20 World Cup Cricket for the Blind, to be held in January and February 2017.
- Dravid also launched the 'Support Blind Cricket by buying a Cricket Ball' campaign.
Highest currency note ever printed by RBI is ? 10,000
- The highest denomination currency note ever printed by the Reserve Bank of India is a ?10,000 note during the British Raj in 1938.
- However, the ?10,000 note along with ? 1,000 and ? 5,000 notes were demonetized by the then PM Morarji Desai in 1978.
India's first LNG-powered bus flagged off in Kerala
- India's first liquefied natural gas (LNG) bus was flagged off for its pilot run by Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Centre plans to use LNG, considered a cleaner fuel that emits less carbon, for mass transportation.
Sonakshi features on Nov cover of Cosmopolitan India
- Actress Sonakshi Sinha has featured on the November cover of Cosmopolitan India
- Sonakshi has talked about "love, life and her idea of feminism" in this edition of the magazine.
Hindalco becomes first Nifty company to gain 100% in 2016
- Hindalco Industries, India’s biggest aluminium maker, became the first Nifty company in 2016 whose stock gained more than 100% year-to-date.
- Notably, Hindalco will report its September quarter earnings on November 12.
Ishaat Hussain named interim chairman of TCS
- Tata Consultacy Services (TCS) announced Tata Sons has appointed Ishaat Hussain as the chairman of the company.
- Tata Sons Limited nominated Mr. Ishaat Hussain as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company in place of Mr. Cyrus P. Mistry with immediate effect.
No electronic chip in Rs. 2000 notes: RBI
- The Rs. 2,000 notes that will enter into circulation from November 10, 2016 will not have any electronic chip
- The security features of the Rs. 2,000 notes include latent images, coloured strip security threads, watermarks and several other features.