Japan, India sign agreement on civil nuclear power
- Japan has signed a controversial deal to sell civil nuclear power equipment and technology to India
- The pact, signed on Friday in Tokyo by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi , marked the first time Japan agreed to such a deal with a country that is not a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Kolkata film fest to begins on Friday
- The 22nd Kolkata International Film Festival is all set to Make you Laugh, Cry, Scream and Sing Together from this 11th to 18th November, 2016 .
- The 22nd edition of the Kolkata International Festival will feature 156 movies from 65 countries in 20 categories in 13 locations..
- The Tagline for this fest is Cinema For All, All For Cinema host international summit on tobacco-control
International summit on tobacco-control
- India Hosted Seventh session of the Conference of the Parties (COP7) in New Delhi from 7th November to 12th November
- The meetings, jointly organised by the Government of India and the Convention Secretariat, took place at the India Expo Centre & Mart.
- Government of India to increase international co-operation and awareness of the WHO FCTC globally and especially in the WHO South-East Asia Region
Thematic Day on Small Islands and Developing States at COP22
- UNESCO’s Section for Small Islands and Indigenous Knowledge will organize a series of discussions on the sustainable development of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and climate change during the thematic day on November 12in Morocco
- It is dedicated to SIDS at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP22).
World Remembrance Day
- Remembrance Day is being observed around the world on 11 November
- to remember the Armed Forces who died during WW I.
- Armistice Day is also commemorated yearly on November 11 to mark the armistice between Germany and the Allies.
Shah Rukh Khan launches his biography in Mumbai
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan launched his biography 'SRK- 25 Years of a Life' by Samar Khan at an event in Mumbai
- Shah Rukh Khan was speaking at an event to launch a biography on him by “Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye” director Samar Khan.
Kerala snake boats' replicas win World Travel Market award
- Replicas of Kerala's snake boats, showcased at the Kerala Tourism pavilion, won the 'Best Stand Feature' award at the recently-concluded World Travel Market in London.
- The pavilion also featured a video of a 'Vallam Kali' (snake boat race) in Kerala. Meanwhile, the judges said the snake boats made them "want to go to Kerala just to see that in action".
Indian women's team wins gold at World Carrom Championship
- India's women's carrom team defeated Sri Lanka to win the gold at the 7th World Carrom Championship in UK on Friday.
- India's S Apoorwa and Kajol Kumari also won gold in the women's doubles event.
- Meanwhile, the men's team lost to Sri Lanka to win the silver medal in the competition.
8-yr-old Indian wins gold in U-8 World Kickboxing C’ship
- Tajamul Islam, an eight-year-old girl from Kashmir, has won the gold medal at the under-8 World Kickboxing Championship in Italy
- Tajamul won six games in five days and defeated an American opponent to clinch the gold at the 90-nation tournament.
- She qualified for the event after winning gold in the sub-junior category at the 2015 National Kickboxing Championship in Delhi.
India, Myanmar and Thailand Friendship Motor Car Rally, 2016
- India, Myanmar and Thailand Friendship Motor Car Rally, 2016 to Be Flagged-off on 13th November,
- A Friendship Motor Car Rally from Delhi to Bangkok is being organized from 13th November to 3rd December, 2016 to sensitize the stakeholders of India Myanmar and Thailand Motor Vehicle Agreement
DRDO Conducts the 4th Young Scientists Meet
- The 4th Young Scientists Meet (YSM), organized by the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), New Delhi along with other Delhi based laboratories of the DRDO, commenced on November 11.
- DRDO provides a platform to its young scientists in the form of YSM to interact, network, discuss and share their scientific ideas that help them unleash their creative and innovative potential.
- YSM 2016 is a two-day technical event with participation of around 200 young scientists of DRDO coming from various laboratories from all over India.
India’s HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar Launches the World’s Largest Nation-Building Digital Initiative
- Union HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the world’s largest digital national building initiative “Smart India Hackathon 2017”
- The students will be required to solve during the Hackathon that will take place in early 2017.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), University Grants Commission (UGC), i4c, MyGov, NASSCOM, Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhiniand Persistent Systems have joined hands to organize this ambitious ‘Smart India Hackathon 2017’ under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The Smart India Hackathon 2017 will aim to find digital solutions to problems in the areas of power, education, health, water, finance, agriculture, energy, urban & rural development, aviation & shipping, transport, sanitation, sports, law & justice, skill development & entrepreneurship, defence, textiles, tourism, etc.
Three day Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet GRAM
- A three-day international event of ‘Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet (GRAM)’ for farmers concluded in Jaipur on November 11.
- It showcased best global practices and technologies suitable for farmers.
- Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh inaugurated the event, a platform for farmers, investors, manufacturers and the academicians and researchers at Sitapura
Scheme for giving LPG to BPL families launched in Kairon
- Union minister of state Vijay Sampla and Punjab cabinet minister Adesh Partap Singh Kairon launched scheme for giving LPG to BPL families
- It would also go a long way in reducing indoor pollution and other health-related problems being faced by them,
- Scheme aims at providing five crore LPG connections to BPL households pan India in three years