Gurpurab celebration at the Golden Temple
- Gurpurab or Guru Nanak Jayanti, which is the most sacred festival of the Sikh community, was observed on Monday across the country.
- Thousands of people thronged Amritsar's Golden Temple, which was decorated with lights for the occasion. The festival is celebrated yearly on a full moon day in the month of Kartik, according to the Hindu lunar calendar.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Pro-Russian Rumen Radev elected Bulgarian President
- Former air force commander and pro-Russian candidate Rumen Radev has won the Bulgarian presidential election, winning 59.4% of the votes.
- Radev is against immigration and has promised during his campaign that he will not allow the Balkan country to become a "migrant ghetto". Radev will assume office on January 22, 2017, for a five-year term.
36th India International Trade Fair inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee
- The 36th India International Trade Fair, being held from November 14-27, was inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The theme for this year is 'Digital India' and the fair will feature over 150 companies from 27 countries. The fair is open to business visitors till November 18, while the general public can visit it thereafter.
London tops 'World's Best City Brands' list
- London topped the World's Best City Brands list, as per Resonance Consultancy's 2017 global Place Equity Index. Singapore, New York, Paris, and Sydney completed the top five spots in the ranking.
- The report evaluated global principal cities on various categories like- Place, Product, Programming, People, Prosperity and Promotion. The list was recently released at the World Travel Market in London.
RBI waives all ATM charges till December 30
- To alleviate the hardship caused to the public on account of the demonetisation exercise, banks will waive levy of ATM charges for all transactions by savings bank customers done at their own banks’ ATMs as well as at other banks’ ATMs
- SBI Will soon dispense Rs 20, Rs 50 notes to help public
IRCTC to accept eWallets
- IRCTC to jump Into Cashless, Paperless Mode – Tickets May Soon Be Booked Via eWallets Like Paytm, Airtel Money