Chhattisgarh 1st state to pass motion supporting note ban
- Chhattisgarh on Wednesday became the first state to pass a motion supporting the demonetisation policy introduced by the BJP-led Central government.
- The motion was introduced in the state assembly by Chhattisgarh CM and BJP leader Raman Singh
- He also announced that e-payment devices have been exempted from Value Added Tax (VAT) to encourage digital transactions.
Download exclusive notes on your mobile
Install GK Digest Android App here
China tops fastest supercomputer list 8th time in a row
- Sunway TaihuLight' has topped the Top500 list of the world's fastest computers, making it the eighth time in a row that a Chinese supercomputer has emerged as the fastest in the world.
- The computer is capable of performing 93 thousand trillion operations per second.
- The second position on the list is also occupied by China with the Tianhe-2
Ex-Twitter India head named CEO of Times Global Partners
- Times Internet, the digital arm of The Times of India group appointed former Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly as the CEO of its business division Times Global Partners.
- Earlier in November, Jaitly had announced his departure from Twitter after four years of service.
- He was the Head of Public-Private Partnerships at Google India before joining Twitter.
Air New Zealand named world's best airline for 4th year
- Air New Zealand has been named the best airline in the world for the fourth consecutive year by AirlineRatings.com in its Airline Excellence Awards.
- It was followed by Qantas and Singapore Airlines at the second and third place respectively.
- Cathay Pacific Airways and the Virgin Group airlines have completed the top five, ranking fourth and fifth respectively.
Dwayne Johnson named Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine
- Actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has been named the Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine.
- Johnson, who was recently named the highest-paid Hollywood actor for 2015-16, is the first non-white actor to have won the title since Denzel Washington in 1996.