SEBI tightens norms for credit rating agencies
- SEBI) has tightened disclosure norms for Indian credit rating agencies to boost transparency and accountability.
- Rating agencies will have to publicly provide details of the criteria and process behind rating changes.
- The new guidelines should be implemented within the next 60 days.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
China unveils J-20 stealth jet fighters
- China on Tuesday unveiled its J-20 stealth fighter jets at 'Airshow China'.
- The radar-evading jets did a 60-second flypast .
- It is seen as "a big step forward in Chinese combat capability"
No multiple-choice questions in XII board exam
- HRD Ministry panel setup for recommending a common paper pattern for class XII across all boards has suggested removing multiple-choice questions.
- It is also recommended to keep the theory and practical weightage at 70:30
State Bank of India cuts home loans to lowest in 6years
- State Bank of India (SBI) has cut home loan rates to a 9.1% -the lowest in six years -as part of a festive scheme.
- Home loans for women (or loans with women as co-borrowers) will be available for 20bps above the benchmark rate, which translates into 9.1%.
Three Malayalam films in IFFI Panorama
- Three feature films from Malayalam have been selected for the Indian Panorama at the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) to be held in Goa in November.
- Roopantharam directed by M.B. Padmakumar, Kaadu Pookkunna Neram directed by Dr. Biju, andVeeram by Jayaraj are the Malayalam films in the list.
Fourth Women’s Asian Champions Trophy Hockey
- The Indian women’s team registered a 2-0 win over Malaysia in its third pool match of the fourth women’s Asian Champions Trophy hockey.
- India remained at the top of the table, above Korea, China, Japan, and Malaysia, with seven points
Manufacturing PMI at 22-month high
- The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index, compiled by Nikkei and Markit, reported a value of 54.4 in October, up from 52.1 in September.
- India’s factory activity rose for the tenth consecutive month to a 22-month high in October. A value of more than 50 shows expans
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here