PV Sindhu wins China Open, 2016
- PV Sindhu won the China Open on Sunday, to register her first tournament win post the Rio Olympics.
- World number 11 Sindhu defeated ninth-ranked China's Sun Yu 21-11, 17-21, 21-11. This is the third straight year that an Indian woman has made the China Open final, with Saina Nehwal winning the title in 2014 and finishing as runner-up in 2015.
Nat Geo magazine cover features Mangalyaan's Mars photo
- An image of the planet Mars taken by ISRO's Mars-orbiting spacecraft Mangalyaan has found a place on the cover of the November edition of the National Geographic magazine.
- The spacecraft's launch had completed three years on November 5. The mission, which had cost ₹450 crore, was made to last six months but has now survived for three years.
Central India’s Natioal Park in National Geographic 'Best of the World List 2017'
- National Geographic Traveler magazine recently announced its annual 'Best of the World List', highlighting 21 'must-see places' to visit in 2017.
- The list includes Central India's National Parks, Kauai in Hawaii, Banff in Canada, Madrid in Spain, and Marrakech in Morocco. The chosen destinations fall into different categories including- Cities, Nature, or Culture.
International Film Festival Of India Awards, 2016
- Noted veteran playback singer S P Balasubramanyam is set to receive Centenary award for his contributions to India cinema for over 50 years.
- The decision for the award was announced by Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu
- Korean Film Director Im Kwon Taek Received the Lifetime Achievement Award
Made in India: INS Chennai to be commissioned today
- INS Chennai, one of the largest destroyers built in India, is to be commissioned in the Indian Navy by Union defence minister Manohar Parrikar today
- After its commissioning, INS Chennai will be placed under the operational and administrative control of the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command. On completion of some additional sea trials of the ship-borne systems, the destroyer will be assigned to the Western Fleet and would be based in Mumbai.
Andy Murray defeats Novak Djokovic, ends 2016 as World No. 1
- Britain's Andy Murray clinched the ATP World Tour Finals title, after defeating Serbia's Novak Djokovic 6-3, 6-4 in the final in London.
- With the win, Murray ended the 2016 season as the world number one. It was for the first time in the history of the 46-year-old tournament that the title match decided the year-end World number one.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar gets international peace prize
- Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was on Sunday honoured with an international peace prize for his efforts in ensuring world peace.
- The 'Dr Nagendra Singh International Peace Award' was given to him by Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The award has been instituted in the memory of Dr Nagendra Singh, an Indian judge at International Court of Justice, The Hague.
Google launches online exhibition on iconic Indian women
- Technology giant Google has launched an online exhibition exploring narratives of "India's iconic women and unsung heroines through history
- " The collection of artworks and stories spans 2,500 years and includes scientists, leaders, and artists.
- Some of the women featured are India's first practicing woman doctor Savitribai Phule and eminent Indian painter Amrita Sher-Gil.
World's first Bollywood theme park opens in Dubai
- Bollywood Parks Dubai, which is the world's first Bollywood-themed park, recently opened to the public.
- A part of Middle East's largest integrated theme park, Dubai Parks and Resorts, it features five zones, including 'Bollywood Boulevard' and 'Mumbai Chowk'.
- It also features an 856-seater Rajmahal Theatre that will showcase Broadway-style Bollywood musicals.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here