Delhi hosts 9th Queer Pride Parade
- Hundreds of people marched from Barakhamba Road to Jantar Mantar in Delhi on Sunday, during the ninth Delhi Queer Pride Parade.
- Section 377 and the Transgender Bill were some of the issues discussed at the parade, which also witnessed speeches and song and dance performances.
- People held posters that read "Queer and Proud" and "Decriminalise not demonetize" at the parade.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
NGO starts 16-day campaign on child trafficking in Bengaluru
- An NGO named Association for Promoting Social Action (APSA) has launched a 16-day campaign to create awareness against child trafficking and missing children in Bengaluru.
- The initiative comes after the National Crime Records Bureau released statistics, which shows that a child goes missing in India every eight minutes and 40% of these children remain untraced.
Force India finish fourth in F1 Constructors' Championship
- Formula One racing team Force India finished fourth in the Formula One Constructors' Championship, their best ever season-ending finish in the championship.
- With 173 points, Force India finished behind championship-winners Mercedes, second-placed Red Bull and Ferrari.
- Notably, Force India's Sergio Perez registered two podium finishes in 2016, the team's best ever podium finish tally in a season.
Rosberg pips Hamilton to win his maiden F1 world title
- Mercedes' Formula One driver Nico Rosberg won his maiden Formula One drivers' championship to become the 33rd Formula One World Champion in F1 history.
- Rosberg, who needed only a podium finish in Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, finished second to deny Hamilton his fourth straight world title. Notably, Rosberg's father had also won the F1 championship 34 years ago.
Ashwin 3rd Indian to make 500 runs & take 50 wickets in a year
- Ravichandran Ashwin became only the third Indian cricketer ever to register over 500 runs and take more than 50 wickets in a calendar year.
- Prior to this, Vinoo Mankad achieved the feat in 1953 before former captain Kapil Dev achieved it twice in 1979 and 1983.
- Notably, Ashwin has scored 530 runs and claimed 56 wickets this year so far.
Aditi Ashok claims her 2nd professional title in a row
- Indian golfer Aditi Ashok claimed her second successive victory on the Ladies European Tour after winning the inaugural Qatar Ladies Open.
- The 18-year- old won the Hero Women's Indian Open a fortnight ago to become the first ever Indian player to register a win on the Ladies European Tour
Sameer Verma finishes second at Hong Kong Open
- Indian shuttler and current world number 43, Sameer Verma finished as the runner-up at the Hong Kong Open Super Series tournament after losing to host country's Angus Ng Ka Long 14-21, 21-10, 11-21 in the final.
- This was the 22-year- old shuttler's maiden appearance in a final of a Super Series event.
Indian hockey team finishes third at 4 Nations Tournament
- Indian hockey team defeated Malaysia 4-1 in the third-place playoff match to secure bronze in the 4 Nations Tournament in Melbourne on Sunday.
- Akashdeep Singh opened the scoring in the second minute before stand-in captain VR Raghunath converted a penalty-corner in the 45th minute to double the lead.
- Talwinder Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh scored the remaining goals for India.
PV Sindhu finishes runner-up at Hong Kong Open
- India's Rio Olympics silver medal-winning shuttler PV Sindhu finished as runner-up at the Hong Kong Open Super Series after losing 15-21, 17-21 to world number three Taiwan's Tai Tzu Ying on Sunday.
- This is world number nine Sindhu's second consecutive Super Series final, after winning the China Open last week. With this, Sindhu's nine-match winning streak came to an end.
Sachin 3rd Indian boxer to win gold at Youth World Championship
- Sachin Singh became only the third Indian boxer to win a gold medal at the Youth World Championships after registering a 5-0 unanimous win over Cuba's Jorge Grinan in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- The 16-year- old boxer, who fought in the 46-49 kg weight category, will be given Rs.1 lakh as a reward for his performance at the championship.
Six Indian male shuttlers in World Top 50 for the first time
- For the first time, six Indian male shuttlers are ranked inside the top-50 men's world rankings.
- In the latest Badminton World Federation rankings Kidambi Srikanth (12), Ajay Jayaram (19), HS Prannoy (25), Sai Praneeth (36), Sameer Verma (43) and Sourabh Varma (45), are all simultaneously ranked amongst the top 50 in the world.
Three-day wine festival begins in Mangaluru
- A three-day wine festival, organised by the Karnataka Wine Board and the Horticulture
- Department began in Mangaluru on Saturday.
- The festival aims to showcase 12 wineries and over 150 brands.
- "The board will showcase the state's wine heritage at the festival in order to popularise wine culture and create awareness on the health benefits of drinking wine said an official.
Ola teams up with SBI, PNB for setting up mobile ATMs
- After petrol pumps, cash can now be withdrawn by swiping debit cards at select Ola cabs as India’s largest ride-hailing service partners with lenders like State Bank of India (SBI) and Punjab National Bank to ease the cash crunch.
- Ola on a test basis in its cabs in Kolkata and Hyderabad where taxis with a bank officer and POS machine are parked at different locations and dispense cash of Rs. 2,000 per card.
- In Kolkata, Ola has partnered with Punjab National Bank (PNB), while for Hyderabad, it has collaborated with SBI and Andhra Bank.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here