FIFA nominates 10 managers for 2016's Best Men's Coach Award’
- FIFA have announced their shortlist for the manager of the year award with 10 names being listed as potential winners of the award.
- The list includes four managers from the English Premier League, three from Spain and three international managers as well.
- The list includes Chris Coleman, Didier Deschamps, Pep Guardiola, Mauricio Pochettino, Claudio Ranieri, Jurgen Klopp, Luis Enrique, Zinedine Zidane, Diego Simeone, Fernando Santos.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Geun-hye is the new PM of South Korea
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye on Wednesday appointed a former policy advisor Kim Byong-joon as the new prime minister.
- It is an attempt to restore public confidence.
Shah Rukh's 'DDLJ' is the longest running Bollywood film
- The Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol starrer 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge', which released in 1995 is the longest running Bollywood film,
- It is spanning a period of over 1,000 weeks.
- The movie continues to be screened at the Maratha Mandir in Mumbai
Bengaluru racer first in RC5 category at Malaysian rally
- Fashion designer, stylist and actor Anitha Kholay has emerged as one of the category winners in the Malaysian Rally Championship-2016 of the Asia Pacific Rally.
- The rally was held at Johor in Malaysia from October 28 to 30
Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards 2016
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave away the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards 2016 at a function in New Delhi on Wednesday.
- The awards acknowledge exceptional work across 28 categories in print, broadcast and online journalism in English, Hindi and regional languages.
- Christin Mathew Philip of The Times of India won Prakash Rakesh Kardaley Memorial Award for Civic Journalism
Online applications for affordable houses
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) has enabled online submission of applications by the urban poor for affordable houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) from Thursday.
- Out of over 2 lakh common services centres across the country will enable online submission of applications for Rs 25 per application.