Council fixes 4-level GST rate structure
- Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitely announced four-tier GST rate.
- The Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be levied at multiple rates ranging from zero per cent to 28 per cent.
- Tax structure of 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%, with lower rates for essential items and the highest for luxury
- The highest slab of 28 per cent will include white goods and all those items on which the current rate of incidence varies from 30-31 per cent.
ICICI Bank cuts home loan rate by 15 basis points
- ICICI Bank on Thursday announced a cut in home loan rate by 0.15 per cent for new borrowers.
- Home loans up to Rs.75 lakh for women borrowers will now attract an interest of 9.15 per
- The new rate for salaried class has been reduced to 9.20 per cent, as against 9.35 per cent earlier.
Twitter India MD Parminder Singh resigns
- The microblogging network’s MD for India, Southeast Asia and Middle East and North Africa region (MENA), Parminder Singh resigned.
- Two days ago, Twitter India head Rishi Jaitly announced had also put his papers.
Mistry to chair IHCL board meet today
- Ousted Tata Sons Chairman Cyrus Mistry is set to chair the board meeting of Indian Hotels Company (IHCL).
- IHCL is a Tata Group firm,.
- The meeting will be held at Bombay House, the corporate headquarters of the group, on Friday.
11-day International Space Science School to be held in Sangli
- In a bid to bolster enthusuaism for the study of heavens among the rural young, a 11-day international ‘Space Science School’ will be organised in Sangli district in Western Maharashtra from November 7.
- This school is part of a series of schools conducted jointly by the Canada-based Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP) and the International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI).
Food Security Act implemented: Paswan
- The National Food Security Act (NFSA), which envisages supply of subsidised foodgrains, has been implemented across the country, the Centre said on Thursday.
- As a result, 81.34 crore persons will get wheat at Rs. 2 per kg and rice at Rs. 3 per kg.
Google ties up with ASI for virtual tour of monuments
- Google has tied up with Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for 360 degree virtual tour of 280-odd monuments across the country.
- Some of the major monuments are Taj Mahal, Victoria Memorial and the ruins of Hampi and eight were from Kolkata.