India's first rural skate park in Bundelkhand
- The Janwaar Skating Park, India's first rural skate park, is a not-for-profit project that teaches village children skateboarding for free.
- It exists in Janwaar village in Bundelkhand and has been built by German community activist Ulrike Reinhard.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
India, Sri Lanka sign pact to address fishermen crisis
- India and Sri Lanka have signed an agreement under which a hotline will be set up between officials of the two countries to address the fishermen crisis.
- It also set up procedures to return arrested fishermen and have a minister-level meeting every few months on the issue.
2 Indian films to compete with 13 foreign films at IFFI
- Two Indian films have been selected to compete with 13 foreign films in the 'International Competition' section of the 47th International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- Ishti', a Sanskrit film focussing on stigmas of Indian society, and 'Sahaj Paather Gappo' (Colours of Innocence) are chosen for the competition
Army launches 'School Chalo' operation in South Kashmir
- The Indian Army has launched Operation School Chalo in South Kashmir, to identify teachers and provide students with free coaching.
- The army also started 'Naujawan Club' where youth are given a chance to display their talent in sports.
Kvitova defeats Svitolina to win WTA Elite Trophy
- Petra Kvitova defeated Ukraine's Elina Svitolina 6-4, 6-2 to clinch the WTA Elite Trophy in Zhuhai, China.
- The Elite Trophy was played between top 12 players who couldn't make it to the last week's WTA Finals.
- Notably, it was Petra Kvitova's nineteenth career title.
India ranks 2nd on global business optimism index
- India has ranked second on the global business optimism index during the September quarter.
- India has improved its ranking by one spot, according to accounting firm Grant Thornton's report.
- Indonesia ranked on top of the index.
Ex-Union minister Jayawantiben Mehta passes away at 78
- JP leader Jayawantiben Mehta, passed away at 78 after a brief illness.
- She was a minister in the Vajpayee government from 1996 to 1999,
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here