Oyo appoints Anil Goel as CTO
- Oyo Rooms has appointed Anil Goel, a former Amazon executive, as the company's Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Goel was the global head of technology for customer returns and reverse logistic business at Amazon,
- He was also the CTO for Hike Messenger.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
'Pulimurugan' 1st Malayalam film to enter Rs. 100 crore club
- The Mohanlal starrer 'Pulimurugan' has become the first Malayalam film to enter the ₹100 crore club with its worldwide earnings
- The film was reportedly made on a budget of Rs. 25 crore.
Marie Curie is only woman to win Nobel Prize twice
- Poland-born scientist Marie Curie is the only woman in history to be awarded the Nobel Prize twice.
- Curie shared the 1903 Nobel Prize in Physics with her husband for their research on the 'spontaneous radioactivity'
- The scientist was awarded the 1911 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for her discoveries of radium and polonium.
Ban on NDTV India on hold
- A day before the Supreme Court was to hear NDTV’s challenge to the government order imposing a one-day ban on its Hindi channel, NDTV India
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Monday put the order on hold.
- He gave NDTV Ltd. a chance to present its case once more before an inter-ministerial committee.
Vinod Rai to head Kerala’s advisory commission
- Kerala has roped in former Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai as chairman of the Fund Trustee and Advisory Commission (FTAC)
- He is appointed to ensure that the funds of the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) are properly utilized and the interest of investors is protected.
Blacklisting policy for tainted defence deals approved
- The government on Monday approved the long- pending policy for blacklisting firms involved in corruption in arms purchases
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) also accorded approval to begin the procurement process for fighter jets, tanks and attack helicopters cumulatively worth over Rs. 82,000 crores, all produced domestically.
- The DAC headed by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar also reviewed all capital acquisition proposals of the armed forces currently under way.
Mahatma’s grandson Kanu Gandhi passes away
- Kanu Ramdas Gandhi, the 87-year-old grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and a former NASA scientist, passed away at a private hospital in Surat on Monday.
RBI appoints M Rajeshwar Rao as new Executive Director
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed M Rajeshwar Rao as Executive Director (ED)
- Mr. Rao will look after Department of Statistics and Information Management, Financial markets Operations Department and International Department of the RBI.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here