Anvita Telang won the National Doodle4Google competition
- Google will showcase a picture drawn by an 11-year old Indian girl as its doodle on Children’s Day in India.
- Sixth-grade student Anvita Telang won the National Doodle4Google competition.
- Her drawing, titled, "If I could teach anyone anything, it would be" received over 100,000 votes over the past 10 days.
- Telang, a student at Vibgyor High School, Pune, illustrated greeneries, water, water life, balloons and other pleasantries in her picture with the message that people should try to enjoy every moment.
Aditi Ashok clinches Hero Indian Open
- Teen golf sensation Aditi Ashok scripted history on Sunday
- She became the first Indian woman to win a Ladies European Tour title by clinching the Hero Women's Indian Open in Gurugram.
- Brittany and Belen finished tied second with identical totals of two-under 214 after 54 holes
Island Club’s sports week begins today
- The Island Club, Lagos’ sports week will commence today at the club house at Onikan
- The five-day sports fiesta, which is a forum for members to interact and create more bonds in a friendly environment, will end on Friday at the club’s Peacock Hall.
- Among top dignitaries expected at the closing ceremony are Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode, who is the special guest of honour and Oba Rilwanu Babatunde Osuolale Aremu Akiolu.
Singapore FinTech Festival
- A 5-day Singapore FinTech Festival starts today.
- The inaugural Singapore FinTech Festival will bring together a series of distinct FinTech events back-to-back in the week of 14-18 November 2016.
Make in India’ award for Akshit Batra
- Akshit Batra, founder of I Can. India, a Dehradun-based company, was awarded the ‘Make in India Award’ by the Bharat Nirman Foundation in New Delhi
- Akshit won the award under the entrepreneurship category. The award was given by the Chief Imam of India, Dr Umer Ahmed Ilyasi, who is the United Nations Peace Ambassador.
Satendra, Meena win ‘Maa Ganga’ marathon
- Satendra Singh of Army Centre, Hyderabad, won the 21.1-km ‘Maa Ganga’ Marathon in men’s category
- Meena from Buladshahar, Uttar Pradesh, won the women’s event, organised from Roshanabad till Har-ki-Pauri.
- Both the winners were rewarded with cash prize of Rs 1 lakh. The first runners up were given Rs 75,000 while the second runners up were given Rs 50,000.
Israeli President Reuven Rivlin arrives in India for six-day visit
- Terming India as a “close friend”, Israeli President Reuven Rivlin arrived in Mumbai for a six-day visit to India to further strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries that he said were places of “innovation and inspiration”.
- Rivlin, who arrived with a large delegation of businessmen and academics, will join President Pranab Mukherjee in opening an agro-tech conference in Chandigarh, hold meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and visit several sites of cooperation and joint projects between the two countries.
India Surfing Festival
- Scores of surfers have gathered in Konark city, Odisha, for the fifth edition of the India Surfing Festival.
- The three-day event has attracted enthusiasts from across the world. It offers people the chance to participate in workshops, competitions, musical events and much more.
- During its course from Saturday to Monday, the festival, this time, will also host the Stand Up Paddle Championship.
Donald Trump Picks Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff and Stephen Bannon as Strategist
- President-elect Donald J. Trump chose Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee and a loyal campaign adviser, to be his White House chief of staff, turning to a Washington insider whose friendship with the House speaker, Paul D. Ryan, could help secure early legislative victories.
- The dual appointments — with Mr. Bannon given top billing in the official announcement — instantly created rival centers of power in the Trump White House
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here