Directions: In the following exercise, a sentence is split into five parts, i.e. A, B, C, D and E. Identify the part that contains an error.
2. (A) He led a corrosive/ presidential campaign/(B), thumbing his nose on politically/(C) correct, conventional notions of all that/(D) it takes to be the President.
3. (A) The Vidhan Sabha Secretariat’s/(B) action of paying the honorarium for its employees in/(C) currency notes of Rs 1,000 denomination more than/(D) a week after Prime Minister Narendra Modi/(E) declared them invalid as legal tenders have raised questions.
4. (A) To encourage the generation of energy out of waste/(B), Himachal proposes to launch a pilot project in /(C) select cities where hotel clusters/(D) will be encouraged to take to biogas generation/(E) beside exploring the possibility of converting solid waste into fuel.
5. (A) In a major relief to students/(B), the government announced the mass/(C) promotion to students of Classes V to IX and Class XI/(D) in all government and private/(E) schools across the Valley.
6. (A) Banks still struggle to manage the huge rush/(B) of people thronging branches across/(C) the country to exchange invalid/(D) currency notes and getting cash to/(E) meet their daily needs.
7. (A) Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu and Ajay Jayaram/(B) advanced to the quarterfinals after registered thrilling/(C) three-game wins over their respective opponents/(D) in the second round of/(E) the China Super Series Premier.
8. (A) The Akali Dal, which had subsumed itself in the Indian/(B) National Congress during the 1957 polls,/(C) was now a contestant and/(D) was fighting on the plank/(E) of a Punjabi Suba.
9. (A) At a time when the country is going through a major monetary/(B) upheaval with the demonetization of old Rs 500 & 1000 notes/(C), it is pertinent to look after our financial services/(D) and the opportunities that a moment in history/(E), even like this, can throw up for us.
10. (A) Bharmour Vikas Manch, a local organisation/(B), has urged the state government to undertake/(C) construction for Bharmour-Gaurikund/(D) road for making the famous/(E) Manimahesh pilgrimage easy.
1. C; by should be used after cards.
2. B; thumping his nose at is the correct idiom.
3. B; to should be used instead of for.
4. E; besides should be used.
5. C; for should be used instead of to.
6. D; get cash will be used.
7. B; registering will be used.
8. A; under should be used instead of in.
9. C; look at is the correct phrase.
10. C; construction of is the correct answer.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here