Japan launches 'magnetic fishing net' to collect space garbage
- Japan on Friday launched a spaceship carrying a 700-metre-long tether to pull some of the space debris from Earth's orbit out into the atmosphere.
- The Japanese space agency, JAXA, will pilot its “electrodynamic tether” for the first time. It is one of many possible solutions that have been proposed to deal with space garbage.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
India, Vietnam sign civil nuclear cooperation deal
- India and Vietnam on Friday signed a civil nuclear cooperation agreement for the peaceful use of atomic energy.
- Three other agreements to enhance aviation links, jointly work in the area of energy efficiency, and to promote parliamentary cooperation were also signed.
CBI arrests former Air Force chief SP Tyagi in AgustaWestland bribery case
- In a sudden and first of its kind action, the CBI on Friday arrested former Air Force Chief SP Tyagi , his cousin Sanjeev, and a lawyer in the sensational Rs 450 crore bribery case in the procurement of 12 VVIP helicopters from UK-based AgustaWestland during the UPA-2 government.
India ranks 7th in 2016 Global Terrorism Index
- According to the 2016 Global Terrorism Index (GTI) India was ranked 7th among 163 countries in the list of most impacted by terrorism in 2015. The fourth edition of the index was released by Sydney-based think-tank Institute for Economics & Peace. India is one of six Asian countries ranked in the top 10 nations most impacted by terrorism.
Ranveer part of Men Of The Year list by Man's World magazine
- Actor Ranveer Singh has featured on the cover of 'Man's World' as he is part of the 'Men Of The Year' list by the magazine. Ranveer was called one of 'The Outliers' by the magazine.
44 fake accounts with Rs100 crore found in Axis Bank branch
- Income Tax officials have allegedly discovered 44 fake bank accounts in raids conducted on an Axis Bank's branch in Chandni Chowk, New Delhi. The fake accounts were created using forged documents and demonetised currency worth Rs100 crore was deposited in them.
Government decides to print plastic currency notes
The government on Friday informed the Parliament that a decision has been taken to print plastic currency notes. Further, the process of procurement of material for the same has been initiated, Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal stated.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here