Indian contestant Srinidhi Shetty wins Miss Supranational
- India's representative Srinidhi Shetty has been crowned Miss Supranational 2016, an international beauty pageant.
- This marks the second time that India has won the pageant following the win by Asha Bhat in 2014.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
India, Qatar sign 4 pacts on visa, cyberspace, investments
- India and Qatar on Saturday signed four agreements on visas, cyberspace, and investments following delegation-level talks led by PM Narendra Modi and his Qatari counterpart Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani.
- This is the third high-level bilateral engagement between the two countries in the past two years, which underlines India’s growing ties with Qatar.
Italy PM Renzi to resign as reform referendum fails
- Italian PM Matteo Renzi has said that he would submit his resignation on Monday after nearly 60% voters rejected reforms that would have drastically reduced the role of the country's Senate.
- "I lost even if I do so with a knot in my throat I am not a robot," Renzi said while accepting responsibility for failure in the nation-wide referendum.
The Heart of Asia conference in Amritsar
- The 6th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia summit was held in Amritsar and was attended by over 40 delegates, including 14 from southeast and central Asian member countries.
- Under the 'Amritsar Declaration' adopted at the summit, terrorism was declared the biggest threat to the peace, stability, and prosperity of the Asian nations.
Amazon launches in-house fashion brand 'Myx' in India
- The Indian arm of e-commerce major Amazon has launched its second in-house private fashion label, an ethnic wear brand for women called 'Myx'.
- Amazon India had launched its menswear brand 'Symbol' in September.
- Flipkart-owned Myntra owns 11 private labels, including Hrithik Roshan's HRX and Virat Kohli's Wrogn.
ISRO to launch remote sensing satellite on Dec 7
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Sunday announced that it is all set to launch PSLV-C36 carrying 1,235 kg remote sensing satellite RESOURCESAT-2A from the spaceport of Sriharikota on December 7.
- The satellite would carry a high-resolution Linear Imaging Self Scanner camera, medium-resolution LISS-3 camera and an advanced wide field sensor camera that operates in various bands.
Website to educate women on legal rights launched in India
- Tasmania-based Women's Legal Service has launched a website for Indian women to educate them about their legal rights in partnership with TRS Law Offices.
- The website, 'Girlsgottaknow.in', has different heads such as relationships, employment, partying, renting, and money.
- Each of these sections has a brief description about the situation and legal options available.
Bird festival organised in Uttar Pradesh
- A three-day bird festival is being organised by the Uttar Pradesh government in Chambal.
- The festival was inaugurated by Cabinet Minister Abhishek Mishra. Tim Appleton, who reportedly started the world's first bird fair in England, was also present during the inauguration.
- The festival will feature talks by prominent ornithologists and workshops by professional photographers.
First Asian-American to win Olympic gold passes away at 96
- Two-time Olympic gold medallist diver Sammy Lee died aged 96 on Friday in Newport Beach due to pneumonia.
- Lee, a Korean-American, became the first ever Asian-American to win an Olympic gold medal for the US after winning gold in the 1948 London Olympics.
- Lee, also a physician, notably served in the US Army Medical Corps in the Korean War.
India defeat Pakistan to win sixth straight Women's Asia Cup
- India clinched the Women's T20 Asia Cup 2016 after defeating Pakistan by 17 runs in the final in Bangkok on Sunday.
- Batting first, India posted a total of 121/5 driven by opener Mithali Raj's unbeaten 73 runs off 65 balls.
- Pakistan were held at 104/6 with Ekta Bisht taking 2 scalps, giving India their sixth successive Asia Cup title.
Officers, Sailors And Civilians Celebrate Navy Day
- Navy Day is celebrated on December 4 every year to celebrate the Indian Navy's achievements and commemorate the sacrifices made by their personnel.
- The Indian Navy celebrates the day to commemorate the launch of Operation Trident against Pakistan on 4th December, 1971
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted Indian Navy personnel on the occasion of Navy Day
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here