SC ruled that Horse racing not animal cruelty
- The Supreme Court has ruled that horse racing is not animal cruelty. While Jallikattu(Bull Racing), has been ruled out as illegal because it needs torture to bulls. This observation was made by a Bench of Justices A.M. Khanwilkar and D.Y. Chandrachud on a petition challenging a Rajasthan High Court’s order banning tonga races in the State.
Download exclusive notes on your mobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
'Pink' ranks 1st on IMDb's Top 10 Indian Movies in 2016 list
- The Amitabh Bachchan starer movie 'Pink' has ranked first in the list of 'Top 10 Indian Movies in 2016' by IMDb, an online database for films. Akshay Kumar's 'Airlift' ranks second on the list while 'Dear Zindagi' comes in third. The list has been curated based on ratings by IMDb users.
Shah Rukh Khan named Kids' Ikon of the Year by Nickelodeon
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan was named 'Kids' Ikon of the Year' at Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards. Actor Salman Khan won the Best Actor award for his film 'Sultan', while Deepika Padukone was named Best Actress for historical romance film 'Bajirao Mastani'.
BRICS nations to share tax information automatically to eliminate tax evasion
- The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries have agreed to share tax information to ensure the fairness of the international tax system. The decision in this regard was taken at the meeting of Heads of Revenue of BRICS Countries in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Bernard Cazeneuve named new French PM
- French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve was appointed the Prime Minister on Tuesday after PM Manuel Valls resigned to seek the Socialist Party's ticket in 2017 presidential elections, officials said.
Justice JS Khehar will be the next Chief Justice of India
- Chief Justice of India TS Thakur has recommended Supreme Court judge Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar as his successor after his retirement on January 3, 2017. Justice Khehar, who will be India's 44th Chief Justice, will hold the office until August 27, 2017.
Banks will bear losses in case of online security breach: RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has clarified that banks will have to bear the full losses in the event of any security breach or compromise in the authorised card network. Banks issuing the cards will offer the ‘payment authentication solutions’ of the respective card networks on an optional basis to their customers.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here