1. (A) Syrian government troops have captured almost 85 per cent of/(B) the eastern part of the city which fell over rebel/(C) hands in 2012 in one of the early setbacks to the regime of/(D) President Bashar al-Assad in the civil war./(E) No error
2. (A) The rebels accuse the regime for/(B) indiscriminate bombing and killing civilians/(C), while the government says it had no option/(D) but to move in as the city was controlled by terrorists./(E) No error
3. (A) Gen2 Core elevators/(B) attain a speed of 0.7 meters per second/(C) and provides options of machine room or/(D) machine-less room arrangements/(E). No error
4. (A) Affordable homes do not only mean the/(B) cost accessibility of the home also lower operational/(C) and maintenance costs. Sustainable features are/(D) key to any affordable housing project/.(E) No error
5. (A) Over the past 27 centuries, the average day has lengthen at a rate/(B) of about +1.8 milliseconds (ms) per century, a British/(C) research team concluded in the journal/(D) Proceedings of the Royal Society A/.(E) No error
6. (A) Factors which influences the Earth's rotation include/(B) the Moon's braking effect, Earth's altering shape due to/(C) shrinking polar ice caps since the last Ice Age/(D), electro-magnetic interactions between the mantle and core/.(E) No error
7. (A) The production of pepper and natural rubber/(B) contribute significantly to the total national output/(C). In the agricultural sector, coconut, tea/(D), coffee, cashew and spices are important. /(E) No error
8. (A) She has told me that her brother might/(B) have done much better at the university/(C) last year had he not given so much/(D) time to the students' union./(E) No error
9. (A) My wife often/(B) goes to the indoor's pool/(C) but I don't like/(D) going there./(E) No error
10. (A) Even though he found the/(B) subject rather interesting Raghu/(C) could not manage good marks/(D) in the examination./(E) No error
1. B; fell into is the right phrase.
2. A; of should be used instead of for.
3. C; provide should be used.
4. B; but also should be used.
5. A; lengthened should be used.
6. A; influence should be used.
7. B; contributes should be used.
8. A; She told me should be used.
9. B; indoor pool should be used.
10. B; fairly interesting should be used. Rather is used for bad qualities.
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here