INTRODUCTION:The Odisha Government launched a new scheme named Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana (KSSY) for the aspiring students, who are willing to proceed with further high studies on 27th June 2016. This scheme was launched by Odisha Chief Minister Mr Naveen Patnaik. He has announced this new education loan scheme for the students at only 1% interest. This scheme is a very innovative scheme for the ambitious students of Odisha.
- Government of Odisha have been pleased to further reduce the financial stress of the parents facing hardship in paying high rate of interest by providing financial assistance in form of interest subvention against education loan availed by students from scheduled bank under this new scheme “Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana” to attain their educational goal, meet their professional objectives and succeed in future in their life.
- Must be a resident of Odisha.
- A student only will be eligible for this scheme if he deposits parallel to the bank according to the rules of the bank.
- Family income must be below 4.5lakh per annum.
- There is no minimum loan amount mentioned in the scheme.
- Maximum 10lakh educational loan availed.
- Security deposit as per bank rules.Students will have to repay the educational loan amount after 4-5 years moratorium period. The time will be calculated from the date of the education loan sanctioned.
- Bankers to decide to whom loan would be provided.
- Should not have availed similar benefit from any other Government or Institution for the same purpose.
- This scheme is an educational loan for the poor and ambitious students who want pursue higher education.
- The loan facility will be given to the students on the basis of their merit and the total annual income of their family.
- Under this educational loan scheme, the interest rate will be 1% which is the lowest interest rate on any education loan till date.
- The main intention of this scheme is to release the financial burden from the shoulders of the parents of the aspiring students.
- The Odisha government is allotted the budget for this scheme is nearly 500 crore from its own resources.
EDUCATION LOAN DETAILS:
- This scheme can be called a conventional educational loan for the poor and ambitious students who are unable to pursue higher education due to financial inability.
- Minimum Loan: There is no minimum loan amount mentioned in the scheme.
- Maximum Loan: 10lakh
- Time Period: 4-5 years from the date of the education loan sanctioned.
- Interest Rate: Very low-interest rate 1%.
- Age Proof of the students (Birth Certificate/ Class X Admit Card)
- Copy of Mark sheets
- Id Proof (Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving License etc.)
- Income Certificate of the family.
- Security Documents.
- Bank account statement (for Business holders)
LIST of COURSES under KSSY:
- Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Computer/Electronics/IT etc.)
- Medical (MBBS/MD)
- Law (LLB/LLM)
- Management (BBA/MBA)
- Vocational Training or Courses
|Name of the scheme||Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of Odisha Mr Naveen Patnaik|
|Launched on||27th June 2016|
|Eligibility||Poor and Ambitious students|
|Family annual income limit||Rs. 4.5lakh per annum|
|Education Loan amount||10lakh|
|Time period||4-5 years|
|Courses||Medical, Engineering, Management, Law|
|The budget of the scheme||Rs. 500 crore|
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here