Swachh Swasth Sarvatra Scheme launched
- The government on Thursday launched the 'Swachh Swasth Sarvatra, an initiative to achieve better health outcomes through improved sanitation, increased awareness and healthy lifestyles.
- The scheme was jointly introduced by the Health, Water and Sanitation and Human Resource Development Ministries to mark the 'Good Governance Day
- The Health Ministry also announced setting up of Community Health Centres and a grant of Rs 10 lakh each for these facilities to achieve benchmarks of hygiene and sanitation.
Install Official GK Digest Android App Here
Delhi registers India's highest per capita income
- National capital Delhi has registered the highest per capita income among all states and union territories of the country, during 2015-16 at about ₹2,80,000.
- Delhi's per capita income is over three times the national average.
- It is followed by Chandigarh and Sikkim with per capita incomes of ₹2,42,386 and ₹2,27,465, respectively.
Haryana police gets India's 1st digital investigation centre
- The Haryana police have set up the country’s first centre for digital investigation and training in Gurugram in a bid to enhance cyber policing and monitor social media content.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the facility on Wednesday but refused to share details of the centre terming it a ‘confidential’ matter concerning police investigation.
'Dangal' voted 2016's Best Film by Indian film critics' poll
- Actor Aamir Khan's sports drama 'Dangal' was named the Best Film of 2016 in the year-end 'Film Companion Critics' Poll' in which 23 Indian film critics voted.
- While actor Manoj Bajpayee was named the Best Actor for 'Aligarh', Alia Bhatt was voted the Best Actress.
- Meanwhile, Ram Madhvani, who made his directorial debut with 'Neerja' was voted the Best Director.
Winter Festival begins in Mount Abu
- The two-day annual Winter Festival began in Mount Abu. A procession to Nakki Lake and a boat race were held on the first day of the festival, which has been organised by the Rajasthan government.
- A cricket match, a tug of war, a live performance and a fireworks display are among the activities scheduled for the second day.
Government launches IVRS platform to tackle call drops
- In a bid to tackle the call drop menace, government has launched an Integrated Voice Response System (IVRS) system at multiple locations including Delhi and Mumbai to obtain direct feedback from subscribers on call quality.
- The feedback will be shared with operators so they can take corrective steps in the problem areas and address the issue of call drops. The IVRS system will be extended to the entire country
Bhel commissions another 600 Mw thermal unit in Telangana
- State-run power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (Bhel) on Thursday said it has successfully commissioned another 600 Mw coal-based thermal power plant in Telangana.
- Bhel-built 600 Mw rating sets comprise a 4 cylinder turbine designed in-house. So far, the company has contracted 21 sets of 600 Mw each, of which 17 have already been commissioned. A large number of similar sets ensure easy availability of spares and operator's familiarity.
- The company is a major contributor to Telangana's power sector with over 85% of the coal-based power stations, amounting to 5,740 Mw.
BoB signs MoU with HFL to provide dairy loans to farmers
- State-run Bank of Baroda and Heritage Foods Ltd (HFL) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to provide dairy loans to farmers through the lender's branches across the country.
- Heritage Foods is in the business of procurement, processing and sale of milk and milk products.
South Indian Bank unveils mobile banking app for NRIs
- South Indian Bank has introduced a full-fledged NRI-focused mobile banking application called SIB Mirror+ across major mobile platforms.
- The new app was launched after the path-breaking 'E-Lock' feature that provided a single tap solution to fully secure all digital transaction from frauds.
- SIB Mirror+ equips the customers to perform almost all banking transactions from their smart phones. The app comes with self-registration facility for ease of activation and utilises NEFT facility for interbank fund transfers.
World Bhojpuri Conference begins in Varanasi
- The four-day World Bhojpuri Conference began in Varanasi on Thursday. High Commissioner of Mauritius to India, Jagdishwar Goburdhun, earlier said people from 18 countries will discuss issues like culture and religion.
- He said the Bhojpuri Ratna and World Bhojpuri Karmayogi awards will be conferred on Mauritius PM Anerood Jugnauth, MP Manoj Tiwari and Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan, among others.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here