Haryana Government launched a new scheme named “Voluntary Disclosure Scheme (VDS)” 2016 and “Surcharge Waiver Scheme (SWS)” 2016 on 19th November, 2016 for declaring tampered or defective meters for all category of consumer having sanctioned load up to 5KW and for small domestic and non-domestic consumers having sanctioned load up to 2KW in rural areas. This scheme was launched by Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar. This scheme shall remain in operation from 20th November, 2016 to 31st December, 2016.
- The case of such consumers, who voluntarily declare tempering of meter or meter being defective, shall be decided as per the provisions of the scheme.
- The scheme would be applicable to only those consumers falling in the aforesaid three categories, who were in default as on 30th September, 2016.
1. Voluntary Disclosure Scheme:
- Voluntary Disclosure Scheme (VDS) for declaring tampered or defective meters for all category of consumer having sanctioned load up to 5KW.
- The meter installed at the premises shall be replaced with a new electronic meter within three days.
- The consumers, whose meters have been seized and sent for verification to the M and T lab and are pending for testing, will also have the option to avail this scheme.
- The consumers will have the option to deposit the bill amount in lump-sum or in a maximum of six equal bi-monthly installments payable along with the next six bills.
- The consumer opts to pay in lump-sum, additional rebate of 5% will be allowed.
- No checking will be carried out during the period of operation of the scheme for consumers having load up to 5KW.
- No meter having similar load will be seized and sent to the lab for testing during this period.
- The cases of defective meters, brunt meters shall be covered under this scheme.
2. Surcharge Waiver Scheme:
- This scheme for small domestic and non-domestic consumers having sanctioned load up to 2KW in rural areas (connected or disconnected).
- This scheme for also Domestic consumer having loaded up to 2KW in urban areas (disconnected only).
- The surge amount outstanding as on 30th December, 2016 in the name of a consumer who opts for the scheme shall be frozen.
- 40% of this amount will be waived off on payment of next six bills by the customers.
- Another 30% of the surge amount will be waived off at the end of second year on full payment of bills during the year.
- And remaining another 30% surcharge amount will be waived off at the end of the third year.
Name of the scheme
Voluntary Disclosure Scheme (VDS) &
Surcharge Waiver Scheme (SWS)
19th November, 2016
Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar
20th November, 2016 to 31st December, 2016.
For VDS load up to 5KW &
For SWS load up to 2KW in rural areas.
RCO Fee Charges
For Domestic Category Rs. 100 &
For Non-Domestic Category Rs. 200
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here