Sachin Tendulkar-inspired cricket game ‘Sachin Saga Warm Up’ launched
- JetSynthesys, a digital and technology company, today announced the launch of a game on cricket, ‘Sachin Saga Warm Up’ under its gaming arm Playizzon.
- The company is associated with cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, who trains the players to gain expertise in playing the game.
- Sachin Saga Warm Up is a batting game, where players across the globe can compete in real time. This 2 minute powerplay allows users to get assistance from Sachin himself on shot selection based on where the ball pitches and what kind of delivery it is.
Indians set Guinness record for most layered bed of nails
- Seven martial artists from Kerala, India established the Guinness World Record for the 'most layered bed of nails'.
- The record required the man at the bottom to lie on a bed of nails and a layer of nails was placed between each person that formed the human tower.
- Previously, the most layered bed of nails had four layers.
Sarita Devi, will mark her plunge as India’s first woman boxing professional
- Former world and Asian champion, L Sarita Devi, will mark her plunge as India’s first woman boxing professional when she takes on seasoned Hungarian Zsofia Bedo in her first bout in Imphal, Manipur on January 29, organisers announced on Thursday.
- After Vijender Singh put India on the map of professional boxing, the 31-year-old Sarita will follow suit but her initiation in the professional ranks is expected to be tough as Zsofia has 59 professional bouts to her credit, with 19 victories.
Rajesh Gopinathan appointed TCS CEO & MD, NGS named COO
- The board of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) appointed Rajesh Gopinathan as the new chief executive officer and managing director in place of N Chandrasekaran who has been appointed as the chairman of Tata Sons, effective February 21, 2017.
- TCS has also named N Ganapathy Subramaniam who is currently president, TCS Financial Solutions as the president and chief operating officer and appointed him as a director on the board of the company.
On Swami Vivekananda's Birth Anniversary, National Youth Day Celebrated
- The 154th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, one of India's most revered spiritual leaders, is being celebrated as National Youth Day on 12 January
- Vivekananda is an inspiration to youth all over the world, officials say, explaining the significance of National Youth Day.
- Born Narendra Nath Datta in an affluent family and raised in Kolkata, Swami Vivekananda died at the age of 39. He was always intrigued by spirituality and philosophy and, in his short life, managed to inspire millions.
Tewari named Senior Fellow of Atlantic Council
- Former Union minister Manish Tewari has been appointed as a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council, a leading US think-tank on policy matters.
- At the council, Tewari will focus on developing programmes aimed at strengthening US-India ties, a statement released by his office said.
Europe's first underwater museum opens
- Europe’s first underwater sculpture museum featuring over 300 life-sized figures has been inaugurated.
- The Lanzarote attraction, Museo Atlantico, took almost three years to complete and has 12 sprawling underwater installations by artist Jason deCaires Taylor.
- With the sculptures placed at 39 feet on the sea bed, divers can now tour the underwater museum off the coast of Bahia de Las Colorada
India, Kenya sign MoU on cooperation in agriculture sector
- India and Kenya have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the agriculture sector and allied sector and Line of Credit for USD100 million for agricultural mechanisation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta held delegation level talks and praised the strength of the re-invigorated partnership between the two countries, which serves to increase stability, prosperity, and security in the Indian Ocean region and in the Asia-Pacific.
Obama Awards Biden Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- President Obama awarded outgoing Vice President Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- The two have enjoyed an unusually close working relationship over the past eight years, and Obama himself even joked at the outset of the ceremony that "this also gives the Internet one last chance to talk about our 'bromance.' "
Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here