INTRODUCTION:The scheme was launched by the Government of India in 2015.The main aim of scheme is to bring reforms and uninterrupted power supply in rural areas of the country.The earlier rural electrification scheme “Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana(RGGVY) has been merged with this DDUGJY.
Remarkable features of the scheme:-
- To provide electricity to all 6 lakh villages in the country.
- To provide separate feeders for electricity supply to household consumers and agricultural farmers.
- The quality and reliability of supply to be improved by proper distribution of networks.
- To make necessary arrangements in order to reduce the power losses during the transmission of electricity.
- To bring improvement in accessibility to digital India through quality power supply.
Financial Aid:-The government of India will release an estimated funds of Rs.43,033 crores with a budgetary support of Rs.33,453 crores during the execution of the entire project.
Inclusion of BPLThe below poverty line households will get a free electricity connection with LED lamps at Rs.3000 per connection.
The SC/ST population within the BPL will also be provided with free connections along with separate maintenance of records.
GARV-2Further to boost this scheme the power ministry has launched GARV-2 app to provide realtime data about the six lakh villages of the country.The app is also designed to ensure the transparency in the implementation of the electrification process in the rural areas.The app also provides the district wise progress of the scheme which enables the citizens to fetch the data through this app comfortably.
CONCLUSIONThe main outcome of this scheme would be 100% electrification of rural areas and also a next step towards “24 × 7” power for all.
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here