The Madhya Pradesh Government launched a new scheme named “Nagar Uday Abhijan” 2016 on 25th December, 2016, the birthday of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in all 378 urban bodies in the state. This scheme was launched by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan. This scheme will be conducted from 25th December, 2016 to 5th February, 2016 in three phases. Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan also performed bhoomipujan of 2.2km long smart road at Polytechnic Square. He also inaugurated payment facility by POS of Bhopal Municipal Corporation
- The main objective of this scheme are to assess service being provided to citizens and bring them at standard life.
- Also inform lower income class people residing in slums in urban areas about public welfare scheme and provide benefit in today.
- Also inform them about works carried out for urban development and ensure contribution of citizens and other agencies in urban development schemes.
- This scheme will be conducted from 25th December, 2016 to 5th February, 2017 in three phases.
- The First phase will be held between 25th December to 28th December, 2016.
- The Second phase will be conducted between January 3 to January 15, 2017.
- The Third phase will take place between 20th January to 5th February, 2017.
- Under this scheme CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan flagged off Uday Abhijan Rath and 51 e rickshaws.
- Under this scheme CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan also inaugurated payment facility by POS of Bhopal Municipal Corporation.
- Teams of officers and employees of departments would be constituted in the first phase of the campaign.
- Necessarily of employment for unemployed person will be earmarked and work plan will be made in this regard.
- Ward Sabha will be held in Second phase.
- Status of infrastructure development and beneficiaries oriented schemes will be assessed.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan informed that Urban Development work of Rs. 83,000crore will be sanctioned.
- He told that with the bhoomipujan of smart city, smart road works have been started in Bhopal.
- A sum of 100crore rupees will be provided for Bhopal and the money would be given to every city for development under CM infrastructure scheme.
Name of the Scheme
Nagar Uday Abhijan
25th December, 2016
Madhya Pradesh State Government
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan
25th December, 2016 to 5th February, 2017
Three Phases are
First phase- 25th December to 28thDecember, 2016
Second phase- January 3 to January 15, 2017
Third phase- 20th January to 5th February, 2017
Chief Guest of this campaign
Mayor Alok Sharma
Revenue Minister Umasankar Gupta
BDA Chairman Om Yadav
PS Malay Shrivastava
Former CM Babulal Gaur
Collector Nishant Warwade
BMC Commissioner Chabi Bharadwaj
Minister of State for Cooperatives Vishwas Sarang
Rs. 83,000crore sanction
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here