2. Internet Protocol (IP) address is a 32 bit binary number usually represented as 4 decimal values, each representing 8 bits, in the range of 0 to 255 separated by decimal points. Every computer on a network has a unique IP address.
3. A database is a collection of information that is organized so that it can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
4. When a computer is left alone for some time, it goes into sleep or standby mode where it slows down its internal processes to save energy.
5. System software is computer software designed to operate the computer hardware and to provide a platform for running application software. System software is composed of operating system and system utilities.
6. An instruction prepared in machine language has two parts: Op-code is the command or operation and it tells the computer what to perform while Operand tells the computer where to find or store data or instructions that is to be manipulated.
7. An assembler translates the symbolic instruction code of programs written in Assembly language into machine language.
8. 4 bits form a nibble while 8 bits form a byte.
9. The buses are the means by which the CPU (Central Processing Unit), memory and input- output devices communicate with each other.
10. The first microprocessor built by the Intel Corporation was called 4004.
11. Artificial Intelligence is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that humans have.
12. WYSIWYG is a acronym for "What You See Is What You Get" It is a generic term which means that what you see on your screen is what you are going to get as print out on your printer.
13. Facsimile transmission (fax) is the use of regular voice-quality telephone lines to send copies of documents, which may include graphics as well as text.
14. MPEG stands for Moving Picture Experts Group. It is a video file compression system used on the web.
15. An unexpected shutdown either of a program or the whole system is known as crash.
Test Your Memory
Take Quiz______ key is used to view slide show in Microsoft Powerpoint.
Internet Protocol (IP) address is a ______ bit binary number.
______ bits form a nibble.
The first microprocessor built by the Intel Corporation was called
_________ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that humans have.
a. Artificial Encryption
b. Artificial Intelligence
c. Humanoid Intelligence
d. Artificial Human Intelligence
WYSIWYG is a acronym for "What You See Is What You Get" which is related to
SBI PO Smart Prep Kit by Ramandeep Singh - Get here