Media is the mirror of our society which delivers economic and political transparency through various channels like online, print and electronic. These days, there is huge impact of paid news which distracts people’s thought.
Corporate houses and public relation agencies are also using paid news to promote their products and services; which are examples of paid news. But, sometime aid news is making bad impact on the society. Due to this, credibility of media houses has decreased.
Impacts of paid media
- Decrease in credibility of various media channels
- Conflict of news and facts in various media channels. Each channel will be showing different facts.
- Lack of useful and informative content
- Promotion of health hazardous products like tobacco
- Bad impact of thought process of children
How to impact of paid media can be reduced
It is a known fact that media houses need money to survive and grow. So, paid news can't be eliminated.
Here are ways to eliminate bad impacts of paid news
- Mention that a news is paid
- Informative content is more important than paid content
- No media house should take money to recommend a product or service. If they are taking money then they should reveal it properly.
- Never mix paid news with other sections.
This essay is part of SBI PO descriptive paper samples series.
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here