Basant Kumar Panda elected BJP's Odisha unit chief
- Senior BJP leader Basant Kumar Panda was on Thursday elected unopposed as the party's Odisha unit chief.
SBI Launches Wealth Management Service, 'Start-ups Branch'
- State Bank of India on Thursday became the first public sector lender to launch wealth management service, a space dominated by private and foreign players, to cater to fast-growing affluent segment of the country. The bank also inaugurated a dedicated branch for start-ups.
Union Government inaugurates Second Liquid Chemical Berth of Mumbai Port Trust
- Union Government has inaugurated Second Liquid Chemical Berth of Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT) at Pir Pau, Mumbai. The facility was inaugurated by Union Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari.
Kerala becomes first state to achieve 100% primary education
- Kerala has become the first Indian state to achieve 100 per cent primary education.
- Declaration to this effect was made by the Vice President Hamid Ansari during his speech at special ceremony organised at Thiruvananthapuram.
Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Maldives for Health
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Maldives on cooperation in the field of Health.
President gives assent to The Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015
- President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to the Sugar Cess (Amendment) Bill, 2015 to raise the ceiling of a cess as an excise duty on the production of sugar.
- The principal Act empowers central government to fix the rate of sugar cess from time to time.
India to join the International Energy Agency – Ocean Energy Systems
- India has decided to become member country of the International Energy Agency - Ocean Energy Systems (IEA-OES) to boost for country’s quest for tapping ocean energy sources.
Union Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- The Union Cabinet has approved Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, a new crop insurance scheme to boost farming sector in the country.
EPFO wins National Award on e-Governance for UAN
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has won the National Award on e-Governance 2015-16 for launching the Universal Account Number (UAN).
Lt Gen JFR Jacob, 1971 India-Pakistan war hero passes away
- Jacob-Farj-Rafael “JFR” Jacob (Retired Lieutenant General), a key architect in India’s victory in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War passed away in New Delhi.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has launched the high speed 4G (Fourth Generation) telecom services at Chandigarh in Punjab circle . BSNL 4G network will be able to provide high speed data upto 100 Mbps. BSNL has 4G spectrum across India except in states like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kolkata.
RDL inks MoU with AP Government to set up naval facility at Visakhapatnam
- Reliance Defence Ltd (RDL) has inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh Government to set up a world class naval facility in the state.
- Announcement was made by Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu during the CII Partnership Summit titled ‘Sunrise Andhra Pradesh Investment Meet’ in Visakhapatnam.
Government constitutes Arvind Panagariya committee to fast-track bullet train project
- Union Government has constituted a committee to fast track the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor, meant for connecting two cities with bullet trains. It will be 500km long and will be connecting both trains at the cost of the project will be 98,000 crore rupees. Japan will invest 78, 000 crore rupees making it largest foreign investment in railway sector of India.
Install updated GK Digest Android App here
What's trending in BankExamsToday
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here