Radha Krishna Mathur sworn in as the 8th Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India
- Radha Krishna Mathur was on 4 January, 2016 sworn in as the 8th Chief Information Commissioner of India by President Pranab Mukherjee. Radha Krishna Mathur was former Defense Secretary. Vijai Shrama completed his tenure on 1 December, 2015. Mathur succeeded Vijai Sharma.
Penalty of Rs. One Crore imposed on State Bank of Travancore by RBI
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs. One Crore on State Bank of Travancore because of violation of some of RBI's instructions including violation of instructions of Central Repository of Information on Large Credits (CRILC).
Abid Ali Z. Neemuchwala appointed as new CEO of WIPRO
- Abid Ali Z. Neemuchwala is appointed as new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of WIPRO. He is also appointed as member of the Board of the company. Prior to this appointment Neemuchwala was serving as the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of the company since April 2015. Before joining Wipro, Neemuchwala was working with India's largest IT exporter TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) for 23 years.
MBRL Pinaka II successfully test fired at Pokhran
- In the last week of December 2015, ARDE (Amament Research and Development Estabishment) successfully test fired Pinaka II multi barel rocket launcher (MBRL) system. Pinaka is an unguided rocket system. Range of Pinaka II is 20 km more than its first version (Pinaka I). which has a 40 km range. During Kargil war while neutralizing the mountain peaks off the enemy, the system proved its mettle.
Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed as DG of National Centre for Good Governance
- On 30 December 2015, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan as the Director General of the National Centre for Good Governance. The 54 year old Bandgaiyan is a fomer IAS officer of the Union Territories cadre. He belongs to Madhya Pradesh.
India-Nepal friendship bus service resumes after gap of 27 years
- India and Nepal was flagged off via Champawat district in Uttarakhand after a gap of 27 years. The resumed bus service has been regularised and will run between Kanchanpur in Nepal close to the Banbasa border in Champawat district and Anand Vihar in New Delhi. People travelling in these buses do not require any special documents to travel. These buses are air conditioned and provide free wi-fi connectivity to passengers.
==>> Install GK Digest Android App here
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here