February 10: National Deworming Day
- Every year on 10 February is observed as National Deworming Day to combat parasitic worm infections among preschool and school-age children across India.
US President unveils Cyber Security National action plan
- United States President Barack Obama has unveiled a cyber-security national action plan to boost security awareness amid of growing risks from new technologies.
UP Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav passes away
- Uttar Pradesh Panchayati Raj Minister Kailash Yadav passed away in Gurgaon after reportedly suffering a brain stroke.
India-Nepal Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX begins at Pithoragarh
- The 9th edition of India-Nepal Combined Military Exercise Surya Kiran IX has commenced at Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
North Korea launched Kwangmyongsong-4 satellite
- North Korea’s National Aerospace Development Administration (NADA) launched the Kwangmyongsong-4 satellite.
France became first country in the world to ban supermarket food waste
- The French Senate unanimously passed a law to ban large food stores from throwing away food that is approaching its expiration date.
MoU signed to set up joint venture for Railway project in Chhattisgarh
- Railway Ministry today signed an MoU in New Delhi with the Government of Chhattisgarh to set up joint venture for Railway project in the state.
India GDP to grow 7.6% in current fiscal
- Growth in the country’s GDP is forecast to accelerate to 7.6 per cent in the current fiscal, on improved performance in the manufacturing and farm sectors.
IIT – M tie up with Nokia for rural net connectivity
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), has tied up with Nokia for three years to create technology solutions which, in turn, will help enhance broadband connectivity in rural India.
Brij Bhushan Singh appointed as President of SAWF
- The South Asian Wrestling Federation announced the appointment of Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh as its President.
Rajendra K Pachauri appointed as Executive Vice Chairman of TERI
- Former Director General of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) Rajendra Kumar Pachauri was appointed as the Executive Vice-Chairman of the organisation with the immediate effect.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here