India remains world’s largest arms importer
- India continues to remain the world’s largest arms importer, accounting for 14% of the global arms imports in the 2011-2015 timeframe.
Haryana set to become first state to complete Aquifer mapping
- Haryana is set become the first state in the country to complete aquifer mapping for its groundwater resources by May 2016.
Union Government launches Swachh Paryatan mobile app
- Union Government launches Swachh Paryatan mobile app. It was launched by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
Govt. to divest 5% in NTPC
- The government announced it will be divesting five per cent of its stake in NTPC through the offer-for-sale route on Tuesday.
==>> Install GK Digest Android App here
Ri Myong Su Appointed As New Military Chief Of North Korea
- North Korean state media has confirmed the country has a new military chief, following earlier reports in Seoul that the former holder of the post had been executed.
Ricoh India wins Rs 344 crore contract to supply computer hardware to Odisha schools
- Printing and IT solutions firm Ricoh India has bagged an order worth Rs 344 crore from Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation to supply computer hardware to 2,000 government schools in Odisha.
India and Armenia Sign MoU on Agriculture Cooperation
- India and Armenia have signed an agreement for cooperation in the agriculture sector. An memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singhand Armenian Agriculture Minister Sergo Karapetyan.
42nd Khajuraho Dance Festival Begins In MP
- The 42nd Khajuraho Dance Festival began in the temple town of Khajuraho, Chhattarpur district in Madhya Pradesh.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here