President’s rule in Uttarakhand
- President Pranab Mukherjee signed the proclamation under Article 356 of the Constitution dismissing the Congress government headed by Harish Rawat and placing the Assembly under suspended animation this morning on the recommendation of the Union Cabinet.
Read Current Affairs in Real TimeInstall GK Digest Android Application
India, China led investments in Renewable Energy in 2015: UN report
- India and China have led the developing countries in investments made in renewable energy in 2015.
Union Government releases self-regulation Code of ethical business conduct for industry
- The Union Consumer Affairs Ministry has released a self-regulation Code of ethical business conduct to be adopted by the Industry on providing best products and services.
- In this regard, Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) was inked between Department of Consumer Affairs and the industry bodies related to self-regulated code of fair business.
Mizoram Government, JICA ink MoU for promoting Sustainable Agriculture
- Mizoram government and Japanese International Cooperative Agency (JICA) have signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on ‘Capacity Enhancement for Sustainable Agriculture and Irrigation Development’. It was signed by the State government officials of Agriculture, Minor Irrigation, Horticulture and Soil and Water Conservation departments
J P Nadda launches Rota virus vaccine
- The Union Ministry of health and welfare has been taking consistent efforts to develop new medicines and keep the contagious diseases under control. Recently, the minister of Health and Welfare launched the Rota virus vaccine.
TATA motors to supply 619 HMV’S to Indian Army
- The automobile giant,TATA motors have signed a agreement with the Indian Army to supply 619 more Highly mobilized trucks to the Indian Army.
- Tata 6X6 HMV is meant for the loading-unloading and transportation of ammunition pallets, spares and other operational equipment.
Security Council extends UN Mission in Somalia
- The Security Council has decided to extend the UN assistance provided to Somalia due to the political instability prevailing in the nation.
- It includes preparation for an inclusive, free, fair and transparent electoral process in 2016 and universal elections by 2020.
Hockey India Annual Awards: Sreejesh, Deepika walk away with honours
- In the Hockey India second annual awards for the year 2015 Event various awards have been given away in the function held at Bengaluru.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here