Punjab Government notifies swine flu under Epidemic Disease Act
- Punjab Government has notified swine flu (H1N1) under the Epidemic Disease Act to prevent the spread of disease in the state.
Union Government launches FCI’s Depot Online System
- Union Government has launched Depot Online System of state run Food Corporation of India (FCI) to bring transparency and minimise storage losses of foodgrains.
Ustad Ali Ahmad Hussain Khan passed away
- Eminent Shehnai exponent Ustad Ali Ahmad Hussain Khan died on 16 March 2016 in Kolkata.
Read Current Affairs on your Android PhoneInstall GK Digest Android App
Cisco to set up Internet of Everthing innovation centre in Vizag
- Cisco will set up an internet of everything (IoE) Innovation centre in Visakhapatnam to drive regional innovation and will enable partners and start-ups to build solutions around IoE and engage in rapid prototyping.
India starts diesel exports to Bangladesh via rail
- India began exporting diesel via rail to Bangladesh with the rollout of first consignment from Siliguri in North Bengal.
World Sufi Forum inaugurates in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated World Sufi Forum in New Delhi.
India signs $35 mn loan with WB for MP project
- India today signed loan agreement of 35 Million dollars with the world bank for Madhya Pradesh citizen access to responsive services project.
Priyanka & Raksha won Chameli Devi Jain Award
- Priyanka Kakodkar and Raksha Kumar were named as joint winners of the 2015-16 Chameli Devi Jain Award.
Fazle Kabir appointed Governor of Bangladesh Bank
- Fazle Kabir has been appointed as the 11th Governor of the Bangladesh Bank, the central bank of Bangladesh.
Andrew Wiles wins 2016 Abel Prize
- British mathematician Andrew Wiles was named as the winner of the prestigious 2016 Abel Prize.
India became second biggest investor in London
- According to the London & Partners, the official promotional company for London , India has emerged as the second biggest investor in London after the US.
Ashley Judd appointed as Goodwill Ambassador by UNDP
- Ashley Judd has been appointed as its Goodwill Ambassador by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
FIFA admits taking bribes to hosting World Cup
- World football body FIFA has acknowledged for the first time that votes were bought in past World Cup hosting contests.
Railways join hands with ISRO for effective use of space technology
- Railways has joined hands with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for effective use of space technology in remote sensing and geographic information system based applications.
Modi on TIME’s most influential people on Internet for second year
- Time Magazine has named Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the 2016 edition list of 30 most influential people on the internet. He was placed at 15th position.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here