PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Maritime India Summit 2016
Download exclusive notes on AppInstall GK Digest Android App here
PM launched E-National Agriculture market
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched National Agriculture Market portal ENAM to connect e-mandis in several States.
- ENAM is an online inter-connectivity of e-mandis, aimed at ushering in much needed agriculture marketing reforms to enable farmers to get better price of their produce.
Susmita Pande appointed as Chairman of NMA
- Susmita Pande, a professor at Ujjain’s Vikram University, has been appointed as the new chairperson of the National Monument Authority (NMA).
India offers to invest $20 billion in oil and other projects in Iran
- India has offered to invest up to $20 billion in oil, petrochemicals and fertilizer projects in joint ventures with Iran if Tehran provides land and cheap gas, even as there is no sign yet of an agreement on the long-pending rights to develop Farzad-B gas field in the Persian Gulf discovered by state run ONGC Videsh.
India to get $250m for renewables from New Development Bank
- The New Development Bank, the latest multilateral funding institution in the financial world, has sanctioned a $250 million loan for India to fund its ambitious scheme on new and renewable energy.
Google, Rail Tel expand free Wi-Fi service to 9 more railway stations in India
- Google in collaboration with Rail Tel, the telecom arm of the Indian Railways, has rolled out free Wi-Fi service at 9 more stations, taking the total to 10 where it will offer high-speed Internet to an estimated 1.5 million passengers and visitors.
India, South Korea ink MoU for cooperation in development of Ports
- India and South Korea have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation and mutual assistance in development of ports.
Ajay Banga appointed as member of US cyber security body
- US President Barack Obama has nominated MasterCard’s Indian-American CEO Ajay Banga as a member of the Commission on Enhancing National Cyber security.
Delhi ranked 44th among world’s 50 ‘future-ready cities’
- National Capital, Delhi has been recognised as one of the 50 future-ready cities around the world that are embracing technology to adapt and thrive in an ever-changing and globalised future.
Super computer Param Kanchenjunga launched at Sikkim NIT
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Sikkim secured a rare distinction of having a super computer which is said to be the most powerful and fastest among all the 31 NITs and also in the entire North East region.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here