PM Modi inaugurates 10th Civil Services Day
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi conferred awards to civil servants for excellence in implementation of Priority Programmes of the Government.
Download exclusive notesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Europe becomes world’s first region to end malaria: WHO
- Europe has become the world’s first region to wipe out malaria with zero cases reported in the year 2015.
Seven women officers granted permanent commission by Navy
- Breaking gender barrier,Indian Navy has granted permanent commission to seven Short Service Commission (SSC) women officers who joined the service in 2008-09.
Women allowed to enter Maharashtra’s Trimbakeshwar temple
- Women were permitted entry to the ‘garbhagriha‘ of the Trimbakeshwar temple in Nashik District of Maharashtra.
Govt. decides Chandigarh to host International Yoga day
- Govt. has decided Chandigarh to host the International yoga day.
- The first International Day of Yoga was observed world over by millions on June 21, 2015.
Former WWE women’s champion Chyna dies
- Former WWE women’s champion and reality TV star Chyna (45-years) real name Joanie Laurer has died at her home in Southern California.
Union Cabinet gives nod to operationalisation of IISER Tirupati
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for operationalisation of new Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
India, China agree for peaceful negotiations to settle border issue
- India and China have agreed to adhere to peaceful negotiations to settle the border issue and reach a fair, reasonable and mutually acceptable solution.
Presidenthonours Chinese professor for promoting Hindi
- President Pranab Mukherjee honoured the Chinese professor GeFuping with the George Grierson prize for his remarkable works done for the propagation of Hindi abroad.
Uttarakhand HC quashes President’s Rule
- The Uttarakhand high court on revoke the imposition of President’ rule in the state and revived the Congress government headed by Harish Rawat, who has been asked to prove his majority on 29 April.
Union Government renames Department of Disinvestment as DIPAM
- Union Government has notified that the Department of Disinvestment is renamed as Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM).
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here