22 April: Earth day being celebrated all over the world
- The International Earth Day has been celebrated every year around the worldon 22nd April.
- This year’s theme is ‘Trees for the Earth’, it sets the goal of planting 7.8 billion trees over the next five years.
Downloads exclusive notesInstall GK Digest Android app here
Centre to release 10,000 metric tonnes of pulses from buffer stock
- The Centre has decided to release 10,000 metric tonnes of pulses, mainly Tur and Urad, from buffer stock to ensure their availability at reasonable prices.
Chadian President Idriss Deby wins fifth term
- Chad’s veteran leader and incumbent President Idriss Deby(63-years) has won a fifth term in office after taking more than 60 percent of the vote in the first round of presidential polls.
Music legend Prince dies at 57 years
- Pop music superstar Prince Rogers Nelson(57-years), popularly known as Prince was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis.
Simhastha Kumbh Mela 2016 begins in Ujjain
- The month-long Simhastha Kumbhmela, the largest congregation of Hindus, began in Ujjain,Madhya Pradesh today.
Centre appoints A Ajith Kumar as Rubber Board chief
- Senior IAS officer of Kerala cadre A Ajith Kumar has been appointed as the chairman of Rubber Board, Kottayam, Kerala.
Comedian Victoria Wood dies after short cancer
- The five-time Bafta-winning actress and comedian Victoria Wood (62-years) has died at her London home after a short illness with cancer.
ISRO Scientists develop world’s lightest material Silica Aerogel
- Scientists from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have indigenously developed world’s lightest synthetic material called ‘silica aerogel’ or ‘blue air’.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here