SBI seeks to take over 5 associate PSBs, Bhartiya Mahila Bank
- State Bank of India has decided to merge its five associate public sector banks and the Bharatiya Mahila Bank with itself.
Download exclusive notes on your Android PhoneInstall GK Digest Android App here
HRD ministry to bring IIT preparation app
- Human Resource Development Ministry is coming up with a mobile app and portal containing free lectures from IIT faculty on various subjects and previous years’ question papers of entrance tests to these prestigious engineering institutions.
Veteran Gujarati folk singer Diwaliben Bhil passes away
- A self-taught artiste, Gujarati folk singer and Padma award winner Diwaliben Bhil (80-year) passed away in Junagadh.
Nepal SBI Bank launches payment gateway
- Nepal SBI Bank One of the largest overseas subsidiaries of SBI has launched payment gateway to facilitate online trade and non-trade transactions between the Himalayan nation ‘Nepal‘ and India.
Ban appoints Mexican diplomat to head UN climate change framework
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon has appointed a veteran Mexican diplomat as the head of the global body’s newly upgraded climate change office which last year oversaw the international negotiations, leading to a historic climate pact.
Apple announces opening of its map development centre in Hyderabad
- Apple CEO Tim Cook has announced the opening of its Hyderabad technology centre that will focus on the development of maps for its mobile products like iPhones, iPads, Macs and Apple Watches.
New national policy for women empowerment unveiled
- Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi has unveiled 2016 Draft National Policy for Women for comments and consultation.
Govt. opens tatkal like channel to speed up patent grant process
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has opened a special Tatkal like window to expedite examination process of patent applications by start-ups as well as of entities choosing India for filing the first patent.
Indian Women’s relay team sets new national record
- The Indian 4 x 100 m women’s relay team broke the 18-year-old national record to finish in 4th position at the IAAF World Challenge
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here