Union Cabinet approves SBI takeover of units
- The Union cabinet gave its in-principle nod for State Bank of India (SBI)’s proposal to gobble up its five associate banks as well as Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
Download exclusive notesInstall GK Digest Android App here
Annual 45-day fishing ban in Tamil Nadu begins
- 45 day fishing ban in the western coastal zone of Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu will come into force today.
Kiran Bedi launches mobile app to help senior citizens in distress
- Lt. Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi has launched a mobile Application for helping senior citizens in distress.
Isreal elected to chair UN committee
- Isreal has been elected to chair a UN committee for the first time in the world body’s 71 years history.
Florida bank issues first US credit card for use in Cuba
- A small regional Florida bank, Stonegate Bank has made history by issuing the first credit card that can be used in Cuba.
Renowned Hindi writer Mudrarakshasa passes away
- Renowned Hindi novelist and critique Mudraraksha (82-year) has passed away due to old age related causes in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
President Pranab Mukherjee receives highest civilian award of Ivory Coast
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been presented National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast, the highest civilian award of the West African country.
Indian men’s 4×400 m relay team breaks 18-year-old national record
- The Indian men’s 4x400m relay team has created a new national record clocking 3:02.17 at the International Sprint and Relay Teams Cup at Erzurum, Turkey.
Dhoni becomes first Indian keeper to complete 350 ODI dismissals
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has became the first Indian wicket keeper and fourth in the world to complete 350 dismissals in One-Day International (ODI) cricket
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here