Narendra Modi, Ashraf Ghani inaugurate landmark Rs 1,700 crore Afghan-India Friendship Dam
Download exclusive PDFs on your Android MobileInstall GK Digest Android App here
Moto2 rider Luis Salom dies after crashing during practice
- The death of the Spanish rider was announced at a news conference a few hours after the incident at a fast turn on the Barcelona track.
Paes completes mixed doubles Career Slam with French Open win
Leander Paes completed a ‘Career Slam’ in mixed doubles with Swiss partner Martina Hingis with a hard-fought win over compatriot Sania Mirza and Ivan Dodig, on Friday.
- The unseeded Indo-Swiss pair eked out a 4-6 6-4 10-8 win over the second seeds in the summit clash that lasted one hour and 28 minutes.
Chief Minister of Haryana lays foundation stone of ‘Jai jawan awas Yojana’
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar laid the foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna in Bahadurgarh city Haryana.
- Khattar was accompanied by Army Chief General Dalbir Singh and Western Army Commander Lieutenant General K.J. Singh.
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali passes away
American boxing icon Muhammad Ali (74-years) passed away after 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease in Phoenix, Arizona.
- He was former three times world heavyweight boxing champion (1964, 1974 and 1978).
- He is one of the most recognized sports figures of the past 100 years, crowned “Sportsman of the Century” by Sports Illustrated and “ Sports Personality of the Century” by the BBC.
HDFC Egro buys L&T general insurance
HDFC Ergo General Insurance has acquired L&T General Insurance for Rs 551 crore, the first such consolidation in India’s crowded general insurance sector.
- HDFC Ergo is a joint venture between HDFC and Germany-based Ergo Insurance Group.
CR Sasikumar has taken over as Managing Director of State Bank of Travancore (SBT), one of the associate banks of State Bank of India.
- He has started his career as a probationary officer (PO) with SBI in 1978.
- Prior, he was Deputy Managing Director, Inspection & Management Audit, at SBI Corporate Centre in Hyderabad.
Indian Boxing Council gets Affiliation from CBC
The Indian Boxing Council (IBC), a licensing body for professional boxers in the country which has Vijender Singh among others on its roster has been granted affiliation by the Commonwealth Boxing Council(CBC).
- Indian Boxing Council is a National Boxing Governing body that sanctions professional boxing matches and awards national and subordinate championship titles.
Sudarsan Pattnaik wins gold at World Sand Art Championship
Renowned Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik has won the gold medal in the people’s choice category at the World Sand Art Championship in Bulgaria.
- Pattnaik has won the prize for his sand sculpture titled ‘Drugs Kill Sports’ where he depicted cyclist Lance Armstrong and tennis player Maria Sharapova, who have faced charges of using drugs to enhance performance.
Smart Prep Kit for Banking Exams by Ramandeep Singh - Download here